Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are totally embarrassing away from home...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Playing a side with one of the worst home records around and we're making them look like ****ing Brazil. FFS how many times have we experienced this, surely Chris will begin to realize this negative approach causes no threat and invites teams onto us, although you would have thought he would have realized that a long time ago. Deary me. CM looks a big worry also in this first half with Bissouma and Propper passing the ball to Southampton on most occasions, lets hope Gross is back soon eh?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fairness I've been totally embarrassing in my own home, as well

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
The worst 45 minutes I’ve seen us play in a long time (since Withdean). We’re lucky Southampton are shite, we will be in serious trouble if we play like this against a decent team.

D

Deleted member 2719

Absolutely baffling that Hughton plays the same way away from home week in week out when it clearly doesn’t work.

He is hard-wired to defend, but away from home, you can time's that by 3.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Absolutely baffling that Hughton plays the same way away from home week in week out when it clearly doesn’t work.

I don't mind playing a bit backs to the wall against the likes of Liverpool and Man City, especially away from home. But when you're up against a shaky Southampton team and give them the freedom of the pitch whilst not committing any men forward or causing any threat it does make you wonder what on earth we are doing. I feel for the fans who have made the journey on a weekday evening for this dross.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I don't mind playing a bit backs to the wall against the likes of Liverpool and Man City, especially away from home. But when you're up against a shaky Southampton team and give them the freedom of the pitch whilst not committing any men forward or causing any threat it does make you wonder what on earth we are doing. I feel for the fans who have made the journey on a weekday evening for this dross.

Exactly. We’ve played a lot of teams low on confidence in front of their home fans since we’ve got promoted and by sitting back it lets them grow into the game and get their fans back on side. Also, you can sit deep at this level because all teams have good enough players to break you down.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bong, Stephens, Propper and Bissouma need to up their game considerably in the 2nd half.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Not sure what is more negative. Our performance so far, that dreadful green strip or the commentators/pundits constantly spouting on with negative stats about us. Things can only get better tonight - can’t they?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
We need to match there formation and play 2 up front
Proper and Bissouma don't know where the other one is playing
So sacrifice one of them and stretch there Centre Backs a bit

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We need to match there formation and play 2 up front
Proper and Bissouma don't know where the other one is playing
So sacrifice one of them and stretch there Centre Backs a bit

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

You are living in dreamland I'm afraid, Chris will wait until the 70th minute and then bring on Locadia for March, who will still play on the wing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just like last year the season comes to an end after beating Utd.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Training drill...
We have the ball out on the wing, should we cross it? No, let's work it back to Ryan so we can reform our shape in our own half before passing it back to the opposition.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here