Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are totally embarrassing away from home...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Our first point away from home and Saints are crying. I can live with the embarrassment.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
As we cannot play full pelt for the whole of the game it is much better to play a good second half. Quite encouraging.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
My memory bank is telling me that the whole 90 minutes at Watford was worse!
That really really REALLY was the pits.

I can barely recall us crossing the halfway line, let alone getting into any goalscoring positions in that game.
At least tonight we had the AK shot that got charged down in the 1st half, plus Bissouma's run that could have been productive if he hadn't slightly over run the ball .... and in the first 15 minutes of tonight's 2nd half Propper missed an easy header and there were other opportunities too.

I would suggest Watford was way worse ...........

Not in my book.
Watford are much better than Saints. From the start they swarmed all over us. They moved the ball quickly and accurately and we couldn't cope with their movement. We had two chances in the first half at Watford ( Murray and Stephens ) but nothing at St Marys. The expectation level at Watford was high before the start. The bookies had them struggling ( below us ) and many BHA fans thought we could get something. Watford put us firmly in our place and have shown since then that they are likely to finish top ten. Saints were coming off the back of a good win at Palace and in most people's book a draw would be acceptable.
There was a bigger fallout from the Watford game because the expectation level was high. Saints have a reasonable squad but clearly fragile confidence and are going to struggle. I had them relegated along with Cardiff and Huddersfield and on Mondays showing, am not going to change my mind.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We were reacting as soon as the second half started to be fair. The penalty was something that I thought would knock the stuffing out of a spirited comeback. Credit where it's due though the boys kept at it and then some. However, before the season started much was made of the emphasis on pressing the opposition this season. I'm not expecting to witness much of this at places such as Anfield but these tactics were patently absent at Watford. We've done quite well with it at times at home. Once we pushed up on Saints we looks a very accomplished side and were giving them real headaches. To my mind Hughes bottled it with his substitutions culminating in him bringing Stephens on (I think it was) when he needed a bit of extra height. Hopefully lessons will be learned and we won't be afraid to start on the front foot a bit more. Last night showed we can go for it when we want just as we did at Selhurst last season

agree about the start of second half perhaps I should have said their second goal actually spurred the team (especially Duffy & AK) on even more

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here