Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Are Boxing Fans Mugs

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Could be worse. You could pay actual money to see a couple of talent free vloggers off youtube with a "beef" fight each other on the interweb.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Could be worse. You could pay actual money to see a couple of talent free vloggers off youtube with a "beef" fight each other on the interweb.

I'd pay good money to see both of the vloggers get beaten up, not just one of them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are Boxing Fans Mugs
It's a good question, and in my opinion, yes they are. The sport should be glorious, but instead it's a farce. In other sports we regularly get to see the best take on the best. In boxing, it's all run by the boxers and their promoters with several so called 'world titles' and the best boxers dodge each other and milk the mug fans.

Floyd Mayweather reported to be coming out of retirement to fight Manny again
Meh. Wasn't worth watching last time, Floyd waited until after Manny was well past his best. Fans were robbed the chance to see a proper, spectacular fight between the pair, when they were in their prime.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's a good question, and in my opinion, yes they are. The sport should be glorious, but instead it's a farce. In other sports we regularly get to see the best take on the best. In boxing, it's all run by the boxers and their promoters with several so called 'world titles' and the best boxers dodge each other and milk the mug fans.

Meh. Wasn't worth watching last time, Floyd waited until after Manny was well past his best. Fans were robbed the chance to see a proper, spectacular fight between the pair, when they were in their prime.

that's just bollocks though.

Loads of top match ups. Boxing in a fantastic state.

Seems the thing to do is knock it for those that don't properly follow it. Those that do , at the moment boxing is amazing state.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Now? It became far superior a long time ago.

And yet MMA is not adverse to fighters coming out of retirement to face each other for one last pay day. It's just been announced Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz will face each other in November. Liddell hasn't had a fight for 8 years, Tito has had 1 fight in the last 3 years. Thankfully it's well away from the UFC (not that they are adverse to freak shows - see CM Punk, James Toney, Kimbo Slice)

LVGull

May 13, 2016

Do you follow any-other sports Trig?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Do you remember how the first Floyd vs Manny fight went? I remember eagerly awaiting it, and then Floyd got the jitters and accused Manny of taking drugs, and it didn't happen. Gotta protect that unbeaten record you know. Pathetic. That doesn't happen in other sports.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016

Seems the thing to do is knock it for those that don't properly follow it. Those that do , at the moment boxing is amazing state.

I'm inclined to agree. I think boxing is in fine form at the moment. Particularly in this country.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you follow any other sports BG?

I am a keen general follower of boxing but not as much as when I went to USA to see the Lennox Lewis title fights. in New York and Vegas. I agree that they avoided each other when both at their best to preserve their unbeaten records. I also believe that there are too many authorities giving too many champions some way inferior to other title holders. eg Tyson Fury. I take an interest in most sports except Tennis, Cycling and Horse Racing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here