Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Worst PL ground I went to last season
Stoke and Burnley both luxury in comparison
None of them a patch on the Amex

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Added to the crap transport, one train an hour back to London, 1727 then 1827 - I'm sure the new timetables have made these earlier as it was a rush last year but I'm sure it was more than half an hour to be back to Lime Street

Its 17.47 not 17.27, well I hope it is as that's the virgin train I'm booked on.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Both of those views are better than the one I had at Selhurst Park last season

DEAC399E-C9A3-40DF-BC94-CAAA8002A86B.jpeg

My view at Goodison last year!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Just out of interest, what block did you sit in last season?

To be honest I can’t remember the block. It was the lower tier and fortunately wasn’t behind any pillar but I did wander up to the back of the stand before the game to see what it was like and the view from there was shocking due to the low roof and the pillars. I was right in the corner next to the home fans and there was a large netting between us and the home fans and due to the angle of my seat and position of the netting it actually partially obscured a clear view to the goal at that end for me. You can see the netting I’m talking about in the photo in post #45 above !

I know it’s an old school ground and glad I can tick it off my list, but would now rather save my money to visit other more modern stadiums I haven’t been to yet. Next one for me will be Cardiff.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Neither of those makes a 10 hour+ round-trip look attractive...................might give it a swerve and save it for a weekend in Cardiff instead.

That was my view too - am also swerving this one this year to do Cardiff instead ! Not good value for money going to Goodison for such crap views.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Yeah, but it’s a traditional old skool ground so be grateful for the out of date waggon wheel and get on with it.

Old Skool or not, it was crap value for money for the shite views - you fill your boots if you like that sort of thing. I’ll be saving my money for Cardiff instead.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We got an Uber taxi from outside the cavern to get there. Local train back to Lime street.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Old Skool or not, it was crap value for money for the shite views - you fill your boots if you like that sort of thing. I’ll be saving my money for Cardiff instead.

Everton or Cardiff. Everton or Cardiff...? Hmmm,

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
A change in circumstance means I can now make the Everton game but there are only a few tickets left in LV1 with what I would assume to be a very crap view. With a month to go until the game can anybody reassure me that tickets in LV2 will be available soonish?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
A change in circumstance means I can now make the Everton game but there are only a few tickets left in LV1 with what I would assume to be a very crap view. With a month to go until the game can anybody reassure me that tickets in LV2 will be available soonish?

I can’t see them taking the upper tier at all.

Edit: They are already on sale to Everton supporters so we won’t be taking them.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I demand a ticket

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I can’t see them taking the upper tier at all.

Edit: They are already on sale to Everton supporters so we won’t be taking them.

LV2 is part of the lower tier, I believe. And is currently on sale to neither sets of fans.

Was just trying to gauge whether it'll go on sale to our lot or not, as I think the club has to pay for any unsold seats in the away end. Cheers though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here