Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton away: would you take a point now?

Would yo take a point at Southampton now?

• With our away record - of course I would

Votes: 117 65.7%
  • No - we have an away win in us somewhere, we just need to find it

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • The unnecessary third option

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I hate all this historical nonsense. "Ooh we've only won X number of times there" and so on.

It's meaningless unless you're talking about one of the really good sides.

We'd never won at Hillsborough before the promotion season but that day we smashed them because we were by far the better team.

Like others, there's no way I'd take a point now in a game that we are capable of winning. But if we get one by equalising in the last minute or something similar then I'd be happy.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I hate all this historical nonsense. "Ooh we've only won X number of times there" and so on.

We'd never won at Hillsborough before the promotion season but that day we smashed them because we were by far the better team.

Like others, there's no way I'd take a point now in a game that we are capable of winning. But if we get one by equalising in the last minute or something similar then I'd be happy.

Absolutely agree. I can't believe take a point is winning. Yes our away form is poor, and we might end up losing, but there's no way I'd take a point at against very average Saints team before the game's even begun.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Need a win. We can settle for acceptable draws from teams that will end up in the top few - other than the obvious spanking.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Mind says yes but heart says no because on our day we can work wonders. Maybe tonight will be one of those moments. So no, I can't commit to taking a point now. Nil one Albion.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Grow some bollocks, we're doing this!

If I was there I’d definitely think we were going to win but my mentality seems to change when I watch on tv :shrug:

Yours is certainly the right attitude though :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Perhaps you would prefer this statistic instead.

[tweet]1041732201417715718[/tweet]

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
No, No way, No way never, not in a month of Sundays.

Well maybe!

D

Deleted member 2719

Exactly this, but if we lose a goal and give them 3 points while holding on for a draw in the last 5 mins, i will be pi**ing the bed all night.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Teams must rub their hands with glee when we come into town knowing how defensively we'll set up

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've had a small bet on Saints to win with both teams scoring @ 7/2.

If that was to happen I wouldn't be too disappointed from a fans point of view as it would mean we've had a go at them and also winning a few quid. Sitting back and losing 1-0 or 2-0 and I'd be quite pissed off.

Hopefully it's a good match with a couple of goals for both sides or any Albion win.

Silly focker that I am didn't consider the 2-2 draw (16/1).

Was always going to happen. Mark Hughes is a shocking manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here