Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton away: would you take a point now?

Would yo take a point at Southampton now?

• With our away record - of course I would

Votes: 117 65.7%
  • No - we have an away win in us somewhere, we just need to find it

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • The unnecessary third option

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
An away point is a valuable thing, but a win would put us in the top half.

Would you take a point right now?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Of course I would! Our away record is shit and hasn’t shown any sign of improving (except in the number of goals we lose by)

If we do take the lead we’ll drop deep however early in the game we score, and then concede a sloppy equaliser at least, and if we go a goal behind we are unlikely to come back and score more than one.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Yes, the sooner we get an away point on the board, the better. ANY away points are good points in the Prem. It would be good to see an improvement on last season though. 5 away wins would be a positive return.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Who was that striker they brought on as sub in the game last season? I think it was the heralded debut of a big signing, but I can't recall his name. Wasn't sure if he 'made it'.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Nope, want all three. Will only settle for a point if we are losing 1-0 with 10 minutes to play.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This one feels like a draw/home win, but we are more than capable of getting a win especially if we can reproduce the quality we showed against Liverpool in our last away game.

It all depends on how up for it the lads are after the (tedious) international break. Hopefully it should be a good game tonight.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
When was the last time CH gambled away from home?

Sorry, I'm probably being a bit dim but what do you mean?

I'm not suggesting Hughton is going to gamble. I'm saying that I think this is one of the few away games that we can win and as such if the footballing gods of the gamble offered me a guaranteed draw now I'd say no, I'll let the game play out as I think we can win, even with our duff away record and how we play away from home. I won't take the guaranteed point I'll take the gamble of playing the game in the hope of getting 3 points while being aware it could be 0.

Most away games I'd snap your hand off for the point.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would settle for a point now but hope that GM scores and then both Locadia and Andone come on and score so that even with Austin 3 goals will be enough for 3 points.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I know it's really a cliche or turn of phrase but I would never "take a point" at the start of any game unless we specifically needed it to, say, go up, stay up, win a 2 legged cup tie or get in the playoffs. Since three points for a win came in (the best change ever in the history of football btw) the value of a win later on down the track is immeasurable.

There are, however, times DURING a game when I'd always take a point. When we went 2 down to Fulham was the most recent example. I said those exact words out loud as Mitrovic was celebrating.

So, to answer your specific question, no I would not take a point now, I want three. Not only that but I believe we have unfinished business having taken them to bits to start with last season over there and then dropped back and invited the inevitable point - quite possibly because some in the back room would have taken it to start off with.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Any point away from home in the EPL is a pleasing point.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Of course you go to win, but Premier League away wins for most teams is a rare thing. The most important thing is not to give a relegation rival 3 points on you. Would I take a point, yes of course, and like last season, be reasonably happy on the trudge back to the car. Do we go to win the game, of course we should.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Got draw written all over it

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here