Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Yeah, but...

DnU5v3UWsAArmgT.jpg

Southampton have dropped 26 points from leading positions in the Premier League since the start of last season, the most of any side to appear in both campaigns.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting that I was just talking to my brother who was stood directly behind Ryan for the 1st goal and he thought that Ryan should have done better as he was very slow getting down to the shot. Did anybody else stood in that area think the same? Sky were going on about it being the goal of the season.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting that I was just talking to my brother who was stood directly behind Ryan for the 1st goal and he thought that Ryan should have done better as he was very slow getting down to the shot. Did anybody else stood in that area think the same? Sky were going on about it being the goal of the season.

The Bissouma attempted block wasn’t the best. He’ll learn.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Go to bed :moo:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
:lolol:

Because they interviewed him later, he tried to come across as philosophical and reflective. But then let his guard down with the insinuation that Duffy dived. Cock.

Did the same last season when GM was fouled by Shawcross and the Ref missed it . Shawcross contradicted his manager and confirmed that we should have had been awarded a pen .

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Seagulls Player was not working tonight for me. Anybody else have problems?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

The ball had a wicked curve on it, that looked like it was going wide of the post but bent back in - seen on tv from behind the player, several times.
Maybe your brother needs new glasses.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Southampton have dropped 26 points from leading positions in the Premier League since the start of last season, the most of any side to appear in both campaigns.

And long may it continue.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We really got out of jail tonight, abject first half and when we went two down it looked grim but we fought back well.

If only we had attacked from the off

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Complete tosh! The ball started outside the post and curled round Ryan. A great strike. I am afraid your brother is completely wrong on this one!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
BHASOT.png

I took Footie Manager '12 for a spin this evening - and Murray scores a late late equaliser. Ok it was home not away, neither was it a pen, but still. Most of our real-life current players don't exist in this version, and those who do, don't want to come and play for Brighton. They have "no intention". Real life? Pah!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I saw it live and on the replays on the (distant) screen in the ground.

It was one hell of a strike that started out wide of the post and came back in.

My gut feel is there wasn't a lot Ryan could have done about it.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
7 fist bumps by Hughton for the equaliser the man is now absolutely out of control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

I was stood there and Ryan takes no blame at all. It was just a stunning strike, he stood no chance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My heart sinks when March and Bong ready themselves to cross into the box because you know it’s almost certainly going to be a rubbish cross. Both do other parts of their job well but the final ball gives us no chance to take advantage. Be interested in the season’s stats as to how many decent crosses they have put in between them. I’d wager they could be counted on one hand with fingers to spare.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Poor pen again. Straight down the middle. The one against Fulham was a peach.

Delighted with a point.

Interesting point made by Deeney on the SS show after. When you get a penalty towards the end of a game, and when it is potential game changer or winner, there is huge pressure on the keeper to save it, he HAS To dive one way or they other, or he’ll be lambasted for not trying. For the penalty taker, he knows the keeper HAS to go one way or the other, so straight down the middle, with pace, is the safest choice.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Interesting point made by Deeney on the SS show after. When you get a penalty towards the end of a game, and when it is potential game changer or winner, there is huge pressure on the keeper to save it, he HAS To dive one way or they other, or he’ll be lambasted for not trying. For the penalty taker, he knows the keeper HAS to go one way or the other, so straight down the middle, with pace, is the safest choice.
If that proved true then why don't some keepers just stand still now ha ha

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here