Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Southampton have a poor home record so if we play positively, we should get at least a point. However, if Hughton continues with the usual away tactics of trying to scrape a 0-0 we’ll probably lose 2-0.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Has he ever played against us and NOT scored. Even when he was at Swindon he always seemed to get on the score sheet.

I know it feels like he is always scoring against us but didnt score in either game for Burnley in 2012/13 and played in a 0-0 draw with QPR in 13/14, scored against us at Turf Moor in 11/12 but not in the home game but scored against us in the 3 times he played us for Swindon in Lg1.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Murray will win a dubious penalty, and score it unconvincingly. We'll look pretty decent in the first 45-60 mins and have a number of chances to double our lead, but won't.

Saints will come into the game as we slowly retreat further and further back into our half. Saints will score a header late on, following some poor/non-existent marking in the box..
… but then, in the 90th minute...

Bong :)bowdown:) finds himself on the end of a long clearance by Maty Ryan...

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
IF and its a BIG IF we play like at Liverpool with a more active press and more interceptions I can see us rolling Saints over. However if we play like at Watford we will have trouble getting out of our own half of the pitch.

I do feel we have a more positive approach to games this season and I do think we will get the points but its going to be a tough edgy battle and prob not an entertaining city/pool cloan

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Will either be a Watford shambles and lose 2-0 or we outplay them, don't take chances and lose 1-0 unless Hughton goes all out ATTACK and plays Murray with Locadia up TOP

In which case it will be 0-0.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Murray will win a dubious penalty, and score it unconvincingly. We'll look pretty decent in the first 45-60 mins and have a number of chances to double our lead, but won't.

Saints will come into the game as we slowly retreat further and further back into our half. Saints will score a header late on, following some poor/non-existent marking in the box.

1-1 full time.
Sounds very depressing - but realistic - when you put it like that. Still, I'd probably settle for a point now if one was offered.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I know it feels like he is always scoring against us but didnt score in either game for Burnley in 2012/13 and played in a 0-0 draw with QPR in 13/14, scored against us at Turf Moor in 11/12 but not in the home game but scored against us in the 3 times he played us for Swindon in Lg1.
That makes me feel a bit better, he does seem like a modern day Mick Quinn though!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wonder how many shots we'll have on target tonight. Anyone fancy a guess?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here