Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women beat London Bees in the Continental Tyres Cup

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
As I understand it, the only 2 facilities in Sussex that meet the minimum requirements for the top division are Crawley and the Amex. This is the bit that I’m disagreeing with, in my view there are plenty of places in Sussex that would be adequate for that level of football- and yeh I’m including the training ground in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that seems a bit daft for 170 people. Where do Lewes ladies play?

As someone else mentioned on this thread why not hook up with a non league team. Saturday I went to Beckenham Crowborough. Beckenham have by far and away the best (grass) pitch in the league because until a couple of seasons ago they used to share with Millwall Lionesses and therefore benefited from the expertise of Millwall's groundsmen. Obviously a lot of that knowledge stuck with the guys at the club as they still have an immaculate playing surface.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Ridiculous to play home games in Crawley.
Ladies were well supported at Lancing where, in my view, the facilities were perfectly adequate.
I took the kids yesterday and there was no atmosphere, unlike Lancing.

However, the Ladies played well and it was quite an entertaining game.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I wonder if a long term solution is to build a purpose built small stadium in the city to host our women’s, under 23 teams etc . Could be a joint venture with a non-League side or one of the universities. Would have a 3G pitch so could be used by the community on non matchdays

A bit pie in the sky I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that U-23 matches are not allowed on 3G pitches - this is why Albion had to stop playing matches at Culver Road, Lancing.

grahamt

Dec 13, 2017
If I remember rightly 3G pitches also aren't allowed in the WSL. Apart from that, a purpose-built smaller stadium for the women and U23s would be a great idea.

I've said before that I won't go regularly to Crawley. I would have made an exception for the visit of Liverpool (my home town), but as luck would have it I'm away for that game. Now's a great time for the Albion to play Liverpool, who are in something of a mess at the moment. They lost all their best players at the end of last season, had to completely rebuild and then had new manager Neil Redfearn quit on them after one league game. Liverpool struggled to draw with Durham at the weekend and Hope Powell should know how to take advantage of their disarray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here