Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Advice on bringing An Epipen syringe into the Amex.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Hi all. I’m bringing a young lad to the match v Spurs that has anaphylaxis allergy to nuts. His mother is coming and is trained to use the epipen on her son. But my question is, will the epipen be allowed into the Amex? Do you need to supply a doctors note? I’m just wondering what the official line is? I can’t find any info on the official site. I need to make arrangements today to allow him to go to the game, so I wondered if anyone else has to bring in epipens and what the situation is.
Thanks for any help!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Will the Epipen have a valid ticket, and does it carry a flask?

Personally, I'd just say put it in your pocket and forget about it. The "frisks" I've had lately have been a simple tap on each side of the rib cage - so just have it in your front trouser pocket. Also, don't under 16's or under 18's not get searched? Just give it to the young lad..

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
An Epi pen doesn't have an exposed needle / injector and they are all clearly labelled as such. I would be stunned if there was a problem carrying one into the ground, especially as you would be able to explain what it was and who it was for.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I carry two Epipens in to the stadium and have never had a problem. The stewards are all trained in emergency first aid and all know what Epipens look like and what they are for.

I've had to take mine out of my pocket to show them about 5 or 6 times since the stadium opened. Never a problem. Same for away games.

I am 99.9% sure you won't have a problem. Unfortunately you can never account for that officious dick they have at every club or I'd be 100% sure...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My diabetic mate has no problem taking his pen/kit in

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Type 1 diabetic here - if I'm about to be searched [e.g. at the footie] or if boarding a plane - I always have a quiet word to explain that I'm carrying "sharps" and if they wish to inspect, I'd be more than happy. I also carry a doctor's letter when travelling abroad which includes "insulin injection device(s)" with my list of meds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here