Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Working at the Amex.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Does anyone on here work at the Amex, or could point in the general direction of someone who could be approached for possible jobs.
Reason for asking, is that our nephew has just started at Sussex University.

Thank you :thumbsup:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Look on club website, general info, jobs.

I assume you mean Amex Stadium, rather than American Express

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Does anyone on here work at the Amex, or could point in the general direction of someone who could be approached for possible jobs.
Reason for asking, is that our nephew has just started at Sussex University.

Thank you :thumbsup:
maybe email the club and see if they have any jobs. If they havn’t They might be able to put you in touch with people like the caterers?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Look on club website, general info, jobs.

I assume you mean Amex Stadium, rather than American Express

maybe email the club and see if they have any jobs. If they havn’t They might be able to put you in touch with people like the caterers?

If he's slow enough, and I mean reaaaaally slow, he could get a job serving food and drink at one of the counters. ???

Cheers all :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is the real funny bit...… ." This is a zero hours, casual contract which allows you to work as much as you want, when you can, throughout the year! "

Excellent, I'm a bit strapped for cash, I'll do a six day week then for a couple of months ?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I work for University of Sussex, they also rent offices at The Amex. Ask your son to pop to the student life centre, they'll help point him in the right direction and look for work either on campus for the uni or close by. Competition is fierce though as we intake around 3500 students a year and that's just undergraduates. Best of luck to your son. Registration day tomorrow!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I work for University of Sussex, they also rent offices at The Amex.

Uni are being asked to move out of the offices in the back of the North Stand in April 2019 as the club want to use the space for commercial purposes.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I work for University of Sussex, they also rent offices at The Amex. Ask your son to pop to the student life centre, they'll help point him in the right direction and look for work either on campus for the uni or close by. Competition is fierce though as we intake around 3500 students a year and that's just undergraduates. Best of luck to your son. Registration day tomorrow!

Cheers for the info, I'll advise my nephew :thumbsup:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Cheers for the info, I'll advise my nephew :thumbsup:

More information that we've been handed today:

I’d like to find a part-time job, help me – please direct the student to the Careers team in the Library, there will also be a part-time job fair in Falmer House on Thursday 27th September from 12:00-15:00

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Good advice.

But could they point the ones towards the Amex who aren't as slow as an asthmatic snail carrying heavy bags of shopping up a steep hill?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here