Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] RIp Kevin Beattie

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Sadly passed away today aged 64. One of my favourite players from my years of watching Ipswich . A true Town legend . Rest easy big man and thank you for the memories .

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Good player
I thought he was a striker for some reason but when checking he was a central defender
He was Michael Caine's double in the The Great Escape during the football action in the film

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Great player, who surely would have got more caps but for injury.

RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Remember him nearly putting Tony Towner over a Portman Road stand with a legitimate block tackle back in the late 70’s at the start of that great league cup run when we were in Div 3 (in the days when a Seagull Special was a train!)

RIP

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just seen that sad news.

He was playing for England on my first ever trip to the old Wembley as part of a school trip. A really fond memory - RIP Kevin.

Same here. Our secondary school used to take a couple of coach loads up for midweek England matches in the late 70's. This was my first and Beattie was in the team, against the brilliant Dutch. Beattie was worthy of his place.

IMG_2856.PNG

I see the brilliant Paul Madeley is in there, who also passed away recently.

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
Good player
I thought he was a striker for some reason but when checking he was a central defender
He was Michael Caine's double in the The Great Escape during the football action in the film

I think you mean Escape to Victory? But you're right, lots of Ipswich players in the film.

Which gives us a quiz question. Only man to both appear in a film with Michael Caine and play for BHA?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think you mean Escape to Victory? But you're right, lots of Ipswich players in the film.

Which gives us a quiz question. Only man to both appear in a film with Michael Caine and play for BHA?

Russell Osman

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here