Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are Burnley relegation contenders this year?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Definitely
I have Cardiff and Huddersfield to go with either Burnley or Newcastle to take the third slot

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Really really hope so.
They are a dreadful team that somehow get results. Will Mr Ginger Dalek finally get his comeuppance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No team containing goal machine Ashley Barnes will be relegation fodder.

bhafc1976

Apr 16, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised. Always felt they've punched above their weight since getting promoted. European games are a hindrance to them as well.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
They were the definition of over achievement last year, for which they deserve massive credit. As much as I dislike Dyche, he has done a brilliant job there.

They have a relatively small squad with limited quality, although they do have an admirable work ethic and togetherness that has got them to where they are. They have some good players, but I would suggest they are a bottom six club in terms of their squad.

Dyche may achieve another miracle, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were in or around the bottom three at the end of the season.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
PaLLLLLLLace lost their first seven games without scoring a goal last season, but survived. It's too early to tell.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I wouldn't be surprised. Always felt they've punched above their weight since getting promoted. European games are a hindrance to them as well.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

They are out now aren't they?

I still think with their 'style' of play they can get enough points to stay up.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Once they qualified for the crap Europa League, I always thought they's be in the relegatiion mix.

But I don't think they'll join Hudd and Cardiff in dropping. Dyche will find an ugly way to accumulate points. The PL only started one month ago.

($$$$ Wolves will break loads of opposing fans hearts this season and play lower budget teams off the park).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's all pretty much guesswork at this stage of the season, but FWIW my guess is no they won't be.

Cardiff, Huddersfield plus A.N.Other for me - just as long as that's not us!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes, on that evidence they are massive relegation contenders, though Wolves were worryingly good.

I thought they'd struggle with that squad and the extra games. Hugely over achieved last season IMHO.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Without a doubt on today's showing whereas wolves could be top 8

Good. Top 7 for Brighton then.

IMG_2855.PNG

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Without a doubt on today's showing whereas wolves could be top 8

I was impressed with them, they certainly attack and have goals in them which is what keeps you up in this league, the teams that tend to go down all the lowest scorers. Unbeaten at home against Everton, Man City and Burnley is an impressive start.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
The stats in their games have been appalling in terms of chances created and chances against - Wolves had 30 shots on goal today.

Something has changed as don’t see them playing any differently so what’s changed must be how other teams play against them.

Had a begrudging respect for gravel throat last season but this league is all about evolution if you’re one of the lower end sides - which they absolutely are - and I see no evidence to suggest he’s trying to subtly change their style and will probably get found out accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here