Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Singapore Grand Prix live on Channel 4

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hope Grosjean gets some sort of penalty for not moving out of Hamilton’s way allowing Max to close right up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done Lewis, crap strategy by Ferrari

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dull race but we should be cherishing watching our Lewis at the top of his game. There might not be too many British drivers about after he retires.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Vettel looks crushed. His car is quick, he and his team haven’t been. This battle has really come down to the drivers and he’s been found wanting. Still a lot can happen, but Hamilton not just securing a points advantage, but the physiological one is all his. It’s going to soon be hard not to argue Hamilton is the greatest driver there has been, a lad from a Stevenage estate.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Vettel looks crushed. His car is quick, he and his team haven’t been. This battle has really come down to the drivers and he’s been found wanting. Still a lot can happen, but Hamilton not just securing a points advantage, but the physiological one is all his. It’s going to soon be hard not to argue Hamilton is the greatest driver there has been, a lad from a Stevenage estate.

Schumacher and Senna might have something to say about that...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Schumacher and Senna might have something to say about that...

Of course, and going further back to Jim Clark, Fangio, Moss, those guys didn't commit to a corner knowing it might cost them a couple of tenths if they got it wrong, they committed to a corner knowing they might die if they got it wrong. However, like I said, Lewis is currently turning out performances that will make it hard not to have him well up that list.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
After the first lap incident I had a power nap, then watched nearly all the rest at 12x speed.

Spa was good, Brazil will be good, the new circuits are largely processional dross.

Hamilton is at the top of his game, in the bast car, so the best package out there, but it's impossible to compare to the greatest of different eras. I still think Clark was the best all round driver ever.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
After the first lap incident I had a power nap, then watched nearly all the rest at 12x speed.

Spa was good, Brazil will be good, the new circuits are largely processional dross.

Hamilton is at the top of his game, in the bast car, so the best package out there, but it's impossible to compare to the greatest of different eras. I still think Clark was the best all round driver ever.

Bottas is fourth, behind both Ferrari's. Do you think there's nothing in it between Mercedes and Ferrari this season? With Lewis simply being ruthlessly better than his rivals.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Hamilton has not had the best car in most races, he’s just the best current driver. He has destroyed Vettel’s confidence over the last few races imo

I’d like to see Bottas dropped for Ocon next year personally, as he really isn’t world champion material.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Hamilton has not had the best car in most races, he’s just the best current driver. He has destroyed Vettel’s confidence over the last few races imo

I’d like to see Bottas dropped for Ocon next year personally, as he really isn’t world champion material.
Agree about Bottas, good but not good enough for Mercedes

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This.

Ferrari, as ever arrogant, came back from the summer break with secret car improvements they thought would crush Mercedes.

Hamilton saw them off, yet again. Mercedes too are a class act, getting on with it in an understated way.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Dull race but we should be cherishing watching our Lewis at the top of his game. There might not be too many British drivers about after he retires.

Some great young drivers coming through.Lando Norris has Stoffel's McClaren place next season,Dan Ticktum might well be at Toro Rosso (in the final dozen),George Russell good enough to take Bottas's seat,plus 3 or 4 others.The future's bright for Lewis's successor when he retires.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Some great young drivers coming through.Lando Norris has Stoffel's McClaren place next season,Dan Ticktum might well be at Toro Rosso (in the final dozen),George Russell good enough to take Bottas's seat,plus 3 or 4 others.The future's bright for Lewis's successor when he retires.

Fingers crossed these are more Hamiltons & Buttons rather than Joylon Palmers!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’ve been a Lewis fan since his first race and I have no doubt that he has never been as good as he is now. This is his best ever season. The Ferrari has clearly been a faster car for the majority of the season, yet he keeps trouncing Vettel. Just when you think he can’t find another way to amaze you he does. The guy is a genuine legend. Vettel is no mug but he’s being made to look like one.

Hamilton has been the bain of Vettel's life. I hope Hamilton has the hunger to race for years to come. Always immensely talented, in the early years he made Verstappen-like impulsive mistakes when on top. Ironing those out, he's now a nightmare to the rest.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here