Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much as it pains me to say it, Zaha is quality, Palace are very lucky to have a quality homegrown forward. He will keep them up, again.

Homegrown players are so important, not just for their loyalty, but also their affinity to their clubs inspiring them to perform above and beyond, and win games on their own.

We have a talismanic homegrown player too in Lewis Dunk. Also quality, and will also do his bit to keep us up. He will be the difference this season for us, just like Zaha is for Palace.

There is also Solly March, contentious at times, but if we as fans get behind him, then he will also win games for us, and keep on improving to become a top quality winger.

We are signing foreign talent for our youth now, which is great... but there is something exceptional about signing local talent. Would love to see the club really drive towards the development and acquisition of local, South East, talent. It's a huge pool to work with, with potentially invaluable rewards.
    That's a

Once upon a time

Blah Blah Blah

And they all lived happily ever after view of things !

For the most part in football its the Clubs which move players on - Even the Big Money Moves. The Clubs want the money

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Devil's Advocate (p/t)

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      Not sure how when Izquierdo had played about 15 matches, is fit and AK is fit , then Hughton is still picking March and JI is still being 'eased in" (see those crucial points at Saints and Stoke away last season) and that his hands are tied and he's forced into the choice. He sees him, especially off the ball and defending as offering a different option to the other wingers and prefers, sometimes, to pick him. Not necessarily my choice or clearly lots of posters on NSC but He's not a back up, or a 4th choice (whatever that means), and clearly an important part of the squad for CH. I think thats self evident and puts pay to ideas that 'he's no more than a back up".
      Like I said in my first response, I'm not as down on him as nwgull is, but we have seen with Hughton over the years at Albion that he does take a long time to ease people into the team, 15 games is not really that much, especially when coming from abroad. I'm not saying March is no good. I'm not saying he doesn't offer us lots of positives. I'm not saying being 4th choice (or third of 5 previously) is bad. I'm not saying that is his lot in life - he has plenty of room for growth. I'm simply saying that just because he is currently playing (and played a lot last season) doesn't mean Hughton sees him as first choice when everyone is fit, settled, and in form. (And who knows if we will ever be in that position given how form and fitness can be temporary which is one of the reasons I don't see being fourth in the list of our wingers, given who they are, as a bad thing).
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      Begrudgingly watching Zaha again. Yeah maybe Man Utd was expecting too much too early. But he has gotten seriously good. He just thrives on being booed too which is REALLY annoying cos every team boos him now. He loses respect for his "everyones got an agenda againt me" post match every time, but I think its now part of his profile and rehearsed as is that shocked dwain dibley impression.

What a
      Sadly he will be booed all game vs us, and then score. Talk about playing into the hands of his strength.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Liverpool won division one without a single English player in the starting line up some years ago,
      Are you sure about that? Liverpool last won division one 28 years ago and that season they had, from memory, Ablett, Venison, Barnes, McMohen and Aldridge in their team.
      Never accused of trolling by Gary Crittenden.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Sadly he will be booed all game vs us, and then score. Talk about playing into the hands of his strength.
      Indeed probably after a 50/50 dive too. Or a tumble because he was running too fast as he prefers

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      Presumably not Hughton’s view. Players who are no “more than a back up” don’t tend to appear in nearly every game, starting in half of them (last season)
      And So far he has started all games this season. Hughton clearly thinks more of him.
      When Isquierdo is back, March will lose his place in the starting 11, just like last season once Izzy had found his feet. He’s no where near as important a player as Dunk, and certainly as important not as Zaha is to Palace as their 100% loss record without him over the past 10 games shows.
      To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal...

0 Not allowed!
      Liverpool won division one without a single English player in the starting line up some years ago, and all today's big stars at Citeh, ManUre, Liverpoo and Arse are foreign.
      I can quite believe a team with no English players winning the league these days - perhaps somebody already has - but thirty plus years ago? I'm wracking my brains to think about Liverpool title winning teams through the years, and I can't think of a time when one or more of the following wasn't involved - Hunt, Callaghan, Heighway, Smith, Thompson, Hughes, Clemence, Fowler, Ruddock, Owen, Barnes, Aldridge, MacManaman. I'm sure that between them they cover Liverpool from the 60s through to the 90s.
      Aberystwyth Town FC ATFC Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cunning fergus View Post
      I agree, Zara is quality, maybe the Man Utd role came too early in his career, however he would probably benefit from playing in one of the top 6 or even a big club abroad.

Nonetheless, in reference to your sentiments concerning “home grown players” Zaha has now chosen to represent the Ivory Coast. This situation is unfortunate because to be successful England need as big a pool as possible.

Homegrown players representing England in the youth programme and even full friendlies who then switch allegiance should (in my view) have to pay a fee to compensate the FA for its loss, this of course would not cover the impact on players who would not have had the benefit of the FA’s system but lost out on the opportunity to represent their country because of players like Zaha.

Not a problem easy to solve but I suspect this situation is only going to get worse.......
      What goes around comes around. Ivory Coast have done it to England. England have done it to Ireland (Rice, Grealish). Ireland have done it to Northern Ireland. Not sure who Northern Ireland have done it to but I'm sure there are examples.
      Founding member of the Brighton and Hove Albion - Republic of Ireland Supporter's Club: COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN!!
      "You can't talk to the sheep - he's a liar!"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nwgull View Post
      When Isquierdo is back, March will lose his place in the starting 11, just like last season once Izzy had found his feet. He’s no where near as important a player as Dunk, and certainly as important not as Zaha is to Palace as their 100% loss record without him over the past 10 games shows.
      Yes he might well do but Last season he lost his place and then he earned it back.
      Nobody is suggesting he’s as important as Zaha to Palace.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Putdown View Post
      Are you sure about that? Liverpool last won division one 28 years ago and that season they had, from memory, Ablett, Venison, Barnes, McMohen and Aldridge in their team.
      Sorry I am being stupid. They won the Europan cup final fielding a team with no Englishmen in it. Can't recall the year but it was way back (late 80s or arly 90s). Lots of jocks, Irish, Welsh and South african and Aussie.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre