Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Probably click OK of there is one. I seem to not get these pop-ups

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have an ad blocker on but I thought as this was a NSC message that it was impossible to remove . I just have to click go to site but it is rather annoying to have to keep doing it.

It says powered by stream Amp.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I suspect the ad-blocker you have running is causing this.

The pop-up is provided by our ad partner and is to enable NSC users to select their preferences with regards to the ads they see. The pop-up will only be seen by people once every 28 days.

I would imagine the pop-up sets a cookie to say "this user has seen the pop-up, don't show it again" but as you have an ad-blocker running this is stopping that from happening and you keep getting the pop-up.

As you running an ad blocker, I have no sympathy and will do nothing to help you.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I suspect the ad-blocker you have running is causing this.

The pop-up is provided by our ad partner and is to enable NSC users to select their preferences with regards to the ads they see. The pop-up will only be seen by people once every 28 days.

I would imagine the pop-up sets a cookie to say "this user has seen the pop-up, don't show it again" but as you have an ad-blocker running this is stopping that from happening and you keep getting the pop-up.

As you running an ad blocker, I have no sympathy and will do nothing to help you.

I have only ever seen the pop-up when I've disabled AdBlock.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I would suggest use another football forum. Far and away the best option.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Where do I find that as I didnt know such a site existed and enterd it in google and nothing came up

He's just pulling your leg.

If it is being caused by AdBlock, try pausing AdBlock, accepting the message, and then re-enabling AdBlock.

You can also try whitelisting NSC in AdBlock by clicking 'Don't run on pages on this site'. But I can't remember if you were one of the ones that enabled AdBlock after encountering problems with ads on NSC, or if it was because you were having problems with streaming websites.

This will only work if the issue is caused by AdBlock. I have no problems, and have only seen the message when I've paused AdBlock.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My daughter in law enabled an ad blocker becaase I kept getting ads for Asian or Russian women and as my 9 year old granddaughter uses this laptop we didnt think it ideal for her to see. I think that I will use an old laptop fpr today and say if it still happens.

I have just gone through Chrome, which apparently has a new automatic ad blocker and added NSC to the allowed sites to see if that works. The pop up hasnt appeared for a couple of minutes so perhaps it will work.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My daughter in law enabled an ad blocker becaase I kept getting ads for Asian or Russian women and as my 9 year old granddaughter uses this laptop we didnt think it ideal for her to see. I think that I will use an old laptop fpr today and say if it still happens.

I have just gone through Chrome, which apparently has a new automatic ad blocker and added NSC to the allowed sites to see if that works. The pop up hasnt appeared for a couple of minutes so perhaps it will work.

That hasnt worked so gone to the other laptop option to see what happens.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Are you going on funny/gentlemen's sites BG? I can recommend a few more if you want without the annoying adds? : whistle:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are you going on funny/gentlemen's sites BG? I can recommend a few more if you want without the annoying adds? : whistle:

No I have never gone on such sites and always just delete the adverts. I think they have probably come through some marketing sites or calls some time ago and just placed me in that category of potential users.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
No I have never gone on such sites and always just delete the adverts. I think they have probably come through some marketing sites or calls some time ago and just placed me in that category of potential users.
Ok, well if you change your mind you know where I am. [emoji106]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is a shame. I was hoping BG was going to enlighten us with recent experience of a temporary hipster coffee shop or restaurant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here