Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] T20 Blast finals day

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He does my head in. I hate commentators and analysts who try to be characters.

Yes. When they turn the camera on them and they act wacky it makes me want to cry.
I like nasser’s dry humour though

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He does my head in. I hate commentators and analysts who try to be characters.

To be fair to David Lloyd, he’s not trying to be a character, he’s just being himself. Whether you like that or not is neither here nor there, but he isn’t suddenly different away from broadcasting.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
To be fair to David Lloyd, he’s not trying to be a character, he’s just being himself. Whether you like that or not is neither here nor there, but he isn’t suddenly different away from broadcasting.

I'd blame the director...match is building to a climax and it suddenly all becomes about the singing :moo:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did you soft southern shandy drinking blouse wearing poofs win?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Had a great day there albeit the final was difficult to watch due to be surrounded in front and to the side by worcester fans, some of whom were the worst excesses 1970s football throwbacks

T20 more than any other form of cricket turns on individual performances (good and bad). In both semis, loose overs and dropped catches caused the fielding teams no end of troubles. Similarly, solid batting (esp wright and wiese plus ali, anderson, clarke and cox in the final) made the game swing back and forth

I wouldnt single anybody out as having let the side down. Aprt of the final overs, the death bowling of all 4 teams was superb. Yes sussex were 15 runs short minimum and needing 50 off 3 would have made it a challenge.

I also think wright was right to bat first. The pitch was slowing and only really the spinners were a threat and batsmen had to work hard for runs. Basically wright backed his bowlers which is a tactic that has worked well in many away games this season

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Feck me that’s hard work then............ to be that irritating full time.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Feck me that’s hard work then............ to be that irritating full time.

Imagine living with him. :eek: Would imagine his wife is rubbing her hands with glee that he is being paid mega bucks for never being in the house.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

When I'm being paid professionally to do a job, I don't just womble off and be myself. The commentary was an embarrassment and I could only watch the match for a few minutes at a time. Sky should be ashamed for allowing it especially as I get little enough value for my Sports subscription now the footie is shared with BT!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
When I'm being paid professionally to do a job, I don't just womble off and be myself. The commentary was an embarrassment and I could only watch the match for a few minutes at a time. Sky should be ashamed for allowing it especially as I get little enough value for my Sports subscription now the footie is shared with BT!

I think the issue here is just how far you dumb down the coverage and focus on the exhibitionists in the crowd and indulge the likes of Bumble. OK, we know this isn't a Test match at Lords and that it's a 'fun' event but I thought Sky got the balance wrong. It was just a bit juvenile - which is ironic given that the main culprit is about 70!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here