Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Don't move out of Sussex

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1979 was my favourite year ever. Imagine 1979 with superfast broadband.

hqdefault.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is the attraction of retiring in Cornwall how far away it is from the 21st Century. Isn't it still about 1979 down there?

The fishing is excellent, The St.Austel Brewery Proper Job on draught is excellent, plenty of good walks and the climate is marvellous plus plentiful supplies of Sloes.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I moved away for 3 years. Never again. Moved back to the only town I have ever felt truly at home in. After living in some of the most soulless towns in Surrey, amongst scum supporters and plastic fans. I was lucky I made it back. What was I thinking!? For 3 years I didn’t even have a decent pub to drink in.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Is the attraction of retiring in Cornwall how far away it is from the 21st Century. Isn't it still about 1979 down there?

So Albion are still in the top flight.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm in Mid Sussex....East/West are just directions of travel

Me too.

I was in East Sussex in our house and my school, I then moved to West Sussex, without moving home... or school. (1972)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Key word is RETIRE!

Meanwhile, there’s a whole world out there to explore and I have to say, the bit I’m currently enjoying is a cut above. Scandanavia’s lovely, wouldn’t mind retiring here either!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh and [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] of course

I'm still here in Sussex, but always have a holiday with Mrs V and a fishing holiday with a pal ( No looking at cathedral spires !) in Cornwall every year... marvellous county.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
.....am I only the only one who has moved TO Sussex (30 years ago) and is very content with his lot ?

I always knew you were a wrong'un.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Am I the only one who has left and is content with his lot?

I think yours is the only other county I would be content to live in permanently. Love it down there. Nice countryside, seaside, clean and fairly chilled.
Perhaps Dorset in the Summer and winters back here for the Albion would be ideal. Trouble is all the really oldies in the family wouldn’t shift.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Am I the only one who has left and is content with his lot?

I grew up in Dorset, on Portland to be precise. I like Dorset a lot. Lovely coastline and lovely rolling, dairy fields. Beautiful. I could live there (not on Portland, creepy place but good views of Chesil beach). I go back fairly often. I have a place in Cornwall but I would never live there full time, it's rather remote.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here