Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Amsterdam

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Yes, there is the risk of not getting into the big name clubs but the smaller ones like Beatre Uwe, Golden Gate and Mensch Meier are usually okay. Some of the mid-level places like About Blank, Chalet and Club Der Visionnaer are usually okay as well; 50/50.

Definately on my to do list!! Appreciate the tips! Keen to get to Gashounder in Amsterdam done soon. Looks so good with the fireworks etc going off!

You been to any of the uk venues? Printworks is absolutely outstanding!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have not been for 21 years and I have to say apart from the area with the parks and museums I found it to be a rather seedy, dirty city. Has it cleaned up a bit?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Love Amsterdam, been three times in the past 4 years. However my last experience. Drinking some majorly strong local beer in a fantastic pub although the name escapes me now, dancing on the side of a canal... fell in!! Fortunately two guys dragged me out as I couldn't grip the sides. Lesson learnt!!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Except getting to St Pancras from Brighton is a bigger pain then getting to Gatwick!

The most annoying thing with the flight to AMS is that the plane seems to spend more time taxiing on the ground at either end than it does the air!

You get on a Thameslink at Brighton Stn and get off at St Pancras?????

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

You do if it's not cancelled, or stupidly late. Then you go for a lovely tour of some of South East London's most remarkable shitholes. If you're lucky it spits you out at the arse-end of St Pancras about 1 hr 35 mins later. If you're lucky.

Progress eh?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
You do if it's not cancelled, or stupidly late. Then you go for a lovely tour of some of South East London's most remarkable shitholes. If you're lucky it spits you out at the arse-end of St Pancras about 1 hr 35 mins later. If you're lucky.

Progress eh?

Guess I was lucky last week then. I'm not a commuter (thank God).

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Progress eh?

They're running fine now, and no longer go through Herne Hill, Tulse Hill, Elephant and Castle ballcocks.

Oct 25, 2003
Got the train loads of times to St Pancras for when I travel to the North East. Never had any problems and far better that the Brighton-Victoria line

Obviously takes longer than to Gatwick but it’s as convenient really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
When I go home, I much prefer St Pancras-Brighton than Victoria-Brighton.

Certainly easier for coming up here, being just over the road from Kings X.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
:thumbsup: Just looked up the Drumcode festival, nice. I saw Amelia Lens at a festival very recently actually, she played a really nice early evening set just before Answer Code Request played a bonkers full-throttle peak time set .....in broad day light at 8pm. That set the rest of the night up quite well.

Is that Drum and Base Music ? Just curious as I don't really understand that sort of music.

I don't really understand all these different jargons for DJs coz its not really my thing.

One of my best mates is quite a famous DJ and he often invite me to his gigs so years ago I listened to his stuff and said to him ''Nicky no offence mate but what you play is a load of old pish'' - However apparently he has a cult following and is one of the top DJs in the world in that field. Suffice to say I have no intention of ever going to one of his gigs and he pissed himself laughing when I said I thought his stuff was pish.

He has the last laugh though coz he is the one with all the fans he does and gets paid handsomely for doing something he loves for 30 years and he never takes offence that I don't like what he plays and we have been mates for years and always still catch up when Brighton play QPR to watch the match together

https://www.last.fm/music/Nicky+Blackmarket/+wiki

https://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/nickyblackmarket/dates

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Definately on my to do list!! Appreciate the tips! Keen to get to Gashounder in Amsterdam done soon. Looks so good with the fireworks etc going off!

You been to any of the uk venues? Printworks is absolutely outstanding!

I used to go to places like The Cross, The End, Fabric plus other smaller places over in Hoxton and Shoreditch. It was all house, tech-house and progressive house back then. I sense I’m a bit older then you :smile: please don’t take that any other way than an age related fact!I now live in Berlin so I’ve got into the techno scene here. To be honest I hit a club probably every 2-3 months these days.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
In my mind, anyone that goes to Amsterdam is looking for Shrooms and Weed maybe a casual bunk up... Or is that just me?

Not at all. I've done "the lads" smoking, drinking, red light district trip, but also done the "take the Mrs" Vondelpark, Anne Frank house, Rijksmuseum, dinner on a canal cruise trip as well. Both great.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is that Drum and Base Music ? Just curious as I don't really understand that sort of music.

I don't really understand all these different jargons for DJs coz its not really my thing.

One of my best mates is quite a famous DJ and he often invite me to his gigs so years ago I listened to his stuff and said to him ''Nicky no offence mate but what you play is a load of old pish'' - However apparently he has a cult following and is one of the top DJs in the world in that field. Suffice to say I have no intention of ever going to one of his gigs and he pissed himself laughing when I said I thought his stuff was pish.

He has the last laugh though coz he is the one with all the fans he does and gets paid handsomely for doing something he loves for 30 years and he never takes offence that I don't like what he plays and we have been mates for years and always still catch up when Brighton play QPR to watch the match together

https://www.last.fm/music/Nicky+Blackmarket/+wiki

https://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/nickyblackmarket/dates

I know the name, he’s very well known. But drum and bass really isn’t my bag.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I used to go to places like The Cross, The End, Fabric plus other smaller places over in Hoxton and Shoreditch. It was all house, tech-house and progressive house back then. I sense I’m a bit older then you :smile: please don’t take that any other way than an age related fact!I now live in Berlin so I’ve got into the techno scene here. To be honest I hit a club probably every 2-3 months these days.

No worries! I'm 33 but only been into house n techno for about 4 years or so! Almost stumbled across it one year when in ibiza! And never looked back!

Must be excellent in Berlin, you can't struggle for decent club nights!?

When you are next back in the uk, you should checkout printworks....or tobacco dock, both in london, both daytime venues and so different, printworks espeically has the best sound system! T Dock has an underground car park! Have seen alan Fitzpatrick down there before....tore it up!

Currently contemplating Fabric tomorrow night for Hot Since 82!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here