Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jay Rodriguez: "The truth came out"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
At no point has the truth EVER come out, and he damn well knows it. He was never absolved.

He's just cynically trying to airbrush history in an attempt to influence lazy minds who don't look much beyond the headlines.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Jay Rodriguez now saying the things his advisors (and probably his manager - and if he's any good, his agent too) have told him to say. Welcome to the sunny uplands of squeaky clean, Jay.
The enquiry didn't clear you. Lack of evidence prevented a conviction. Perhaps if you hadn't kept your hand over your mouth, lip-reading experts might have been able to clear your name - but as you did keep your hand over your mouth, they couldn't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a plum.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Well lets face it , Bong has shown himself to be less than trustworthy hasnt he ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Genuinely shocked having read that.

I thought he had signed for Burnley and I've been getting my voice ready to give him a massive booing.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well done Daily Telegraph for dragging that one up again. Sake.

According to the Burnley fans, they were booing Bong not because he made the accusation, but because he banged on about it after the decision was made. I don't suppose we should hold our breath waiting for them to give Rodriguez the same treatment

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I still don't really understand how so many Brighton fans are so sure that they know what he said. I bet Bong isn't 100% sure. In fact I bet even Rodriguez isn't 100% sure now. Memory is a funny thing.

Fact is, nobody will ever know for sure. It looks bad because he put his hand in front of his mouth, but players do that for anything these days, it's hardly conclusive evidence.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I still don't really understand how so many Brighton fans are so sure that they know what he said. I bet Bong isn't 100% sure. In fact I bet even Rodriguez isn't 100% sure now. Memory is a funny thing.

Fact is, nobody will ever know for sure. It looks bad because he put his hand in front of his mouth, but players do that for anything these days, it's hardly conclusive evidence.

I think Bong is 100% sure of what he heard. He could still be wrong though.

There's certainly been times I've been sure I've heard one thing but it transpired to be something else.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think Bong is 100% sure of what he heard. He could still be wrong though.

There's certainly been times I've been sure I've heard one thing but it transpired to be something else.

Totally. Happens all the time. Nobody will ever know the truth.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Spot on. The article is correct about one thing there were no winners out of the incident. Brighton fans think Burnley fans are all racists, Burnley fans thing we're all winey little girls. Rodriguez has been labelled a racist and Bong a fantasist/grass.

Probably best if everyone just leaves it where it belongs......last season!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Without concrete evidence, this was always going to be the case. Just look at the less complicated Rhian Brewster stuff. The truth came out in that a tribunal couldn't decide whether he had made racist remarks or not, which meant that the burden of proof lies more on him, than Bong. Instead of moving forward, maintaining his innocence and just getting on with it (like Milan Baros in an almost identical incident), Rodriguez is upset that he wasn't fully exonerated, and will continue to do interviews that try and twist the narrative to favour him and, skew public opinion regarding the incident.

But let's be serious about this, the truth about racism in football came out in a court of law, when John Terry was proven to have said an undoubtedly racist remark to Anton Ferdinand, but they decided that he was still not-guilty. Nothing has really changed and until there is zero tolerance regarding any racist remarks, they will continue to blight the game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Totally. Happens all the time. Nobody will ever know the truth.

Quite. So anyone coming down 100% on Bong or Rodriguez' side and completely condemning the other is a bit daft, really. The only thing we KNOW for certain is that Rodriguez is at the very least a childish **** for saying Bong smells.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Surely he would be the one person in all of this who wants it all to just move on now?

Regardless of who was/is wrong/racist/innocent etc - due to this incident the game at Burnley in April was pretty unsavory and I can't see things improving for the fixtures against them this season. All he is doing is stoking an already very volatile fire.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Without concrete evidence, this was always going to be the case. Just look at the less complicated Rhian Brewster stuff. The truth came out in that a tribunal couldn't decide whether he had made racist remarks or not, which meant that the burden of proof lies more on him, than Bong. Instead of moving forward, maintaining his innocence and just getting on with it (like Milan Baros in an almost identical incident), Rodriguez is upset that he wasn't fully exonerated, and will continue to do interviews that try and twist the narrative to favour him and, skew public opinion regarding the incident.

He should be upset that it wasn't possible to be fully exonerated, not proven was the best possible outcome for him. If he didn't say anything racist then I would imagine that he is still very upset.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here