Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The other Dick Head at it again!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Snowflakes is such a pathetic term. What is it supposed to even mean?

If it means people who are 'easily offended', then have you not got this particular case a little confused? Leon Knight and yourselves seem to be the ones 'offended' by the BBC's pundit choices. Everyone else is just watching telly unbothered :shrug:
Seems like there are only two offended snowflakes on this thread. One with a history of misogyny (like little Leon) and the other with a history of talking bollocks and being wrong about everything.

Oh and both with a history of getting VERY angry and upset about what other people post. Very angry!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Same here. No problem at all. But I would prefer pundits to come from a background from the highest possible level. I don't want to hear from someone who plays at a level which is not a lot different to county league standard.

I wouldn't want to listen to an ex-county league player, commenting on televised games, unless maybe a county team is ever featured in a live football match.

But I honestly think the standard of women's football is terrible. I probably do county league players a mis-justice of comparing it. I mean, look at it!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6bJfwOnw3A

Just generally fed up of people getting jobs, because of "what" they are, rather than "who" they are.

The best qualified people, who is likely to do the best job should be there. Not because they are a man, woman, white, black, green, tall, short. But because they deserve it.

Christ. I got slated for having 'sly digs' at women's football a couple of weeks ago because I asked if the quality was still poor with crap goalkeepers.

I really thought it would have come on more than that. A decent men's county league team would batter them, from that evidence.

Last edited:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Snowflakes is such a pathetic term. What is it supposed to even mean?

If it means people who are 'easily offended', then have you not got this particular case a little confused? Leon Knight and yourselves seem to be the ones 'offended' by the BBC's pundit choices. Everyone else is just watching telly unbothered :shrug:

Knew you'd be along.

In the past a thread like this would hit 10 pages in an hour. But no one bothers any more, becuase if you are not 100% PC, the snowflakes,( yes you describe wellish, more like people that are offended for the sake of being offended), are all over them and don't want to listen to anything other than there own short sighted views.

I think Leon Knights a soppy like ****. Doesn't make me racist because he's black. Thats my opinion of the man. But I, like a lot of people I know, and no doubt most people that have played football to any sort of standard, probably saw that and thought, he's got a point. Last year there was the odd one, this year it seems they have a quota to fill.

Anyway, Where was all the threads a couple of years ago demanding more women pundits? I don't recall many.

No all of a sudden we seem to have them everywhere, the same old lefties are out calling anyone who disagrees with them a dinosaur or living in the past.

I for one, don't want to listen to country league standard players taking about top standard football.

Any more than I want to listen to a group of just men annalising womens tennis. I'd rather the girls do that. But with tennis men and woman talk about each others games as they pretty well matched skill wise, they only differ in psychical strength.

Men and womens football are miles and miles apart in standard and I don't want to listen to people who play at a very low standard analyse a sport at a standard they are not capable of competing in, and that's not just woman, that's men as well.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Do you watch Soccer Saturday ?

I don't.

But one thing I will add, I have no problem at all with women presenters. There are a few that are excellent. I think Gary Linekar is the most over rated presenters on British Television, and I would turf him out on his big ears tomorrow. That doesn't mean I am against men presenters. And I know Soccer Saturday have fans talking and giving opinion on the game, but that completely different to a pundit in the studio at half time!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Christ. I got slated for having 'sly digs' at women's football a couple of weeks ago because I asked if the quality was still poor with crap goalkeepers.

I really thought it would have come on more than that. A decent men's county league team would batter them, from that evidence.

Exactly. From that and other games I watch, its almost like a rubbish under 16 team standard. Goalkeepers in woman football are terrible, but the outfield players are not much better.

We have got to stop pretending its a good standard and trying to put it on par with the mens game. It's kidding no one!

But that's not a PC thing to say. As its sexist. When its actually just the blunt truth.

Anyone think I am sexist, I think woman are by far the superior sex. But when it comes to football, don't try and force something that isn't there just to be PC and allow the snowflakes another subject to get all self important about!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I don't.

But one thing I will add, I have no problem at all with women presenters. There are a few that are excellent. I think Gary Linekar is the most over rated presenters on British Television, and I would turf him out on his big ears tomorrow. That doesn't mean I am against men presenters. And I know Soccer Saturday have fans talking and giving opinion on the game, but that completely different to a pundit in the studio at half time!

Do you listen to radio Sussex ? Johnny Cantor is one of the best pundit/ commentators about. On premier league football. Hasn’t played football to even county league standard afaik or the football ramble podcast guys or Henry winter or Paul Hayward - and most national football journalists. Yet more articulate, insightful about football. If it doesn’t matter for them then why does it matter so much for you if they are female ?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Do you listen to radio Sussex ? Johnny Cantor is one of the best pundit/ commentators about. On premier league football. Hasn’t played football to even county league standard afaik or the football ramble podcast guys or Henry winter or Paul Hayward - and most national football journalists. Yet more articulate, insightful about football. If it doesn’t matter for them then why does it matter so much for you if they are female ?

It doesn't. But as I said above there are some great woman presenters. But how many of the pundits on TV have worked in the game all their life. How many are ex-pros giving their opinion from a players point of view? Big difference in my eyes

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
It doesn't. But as I said above there are some great woman presenters. But how many of the pundits on TV have worked in the game all their life. How many are ex-pros giving their opinion from a players point of view? Big difference in my eyes

Actually I’m confused - sounds like you think there are good and bad presenters, male and female, some of which have played the game to a high standard , some of which haven’t. In which case agreed.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Oh dear.

Feel better now you've got that embarrassingly meaningless gibberish off your chest? Talk about creating your own fantasy and running with it...

Meanwhile, back in the real world, you are an appalling misogynist (to be fair, you are at least consistent in your undisguised hatred of women). You evidently have issues, though I'm not sure here is the best place to get yourself treated for that.

You are not doing yourself any favours. You’ve not addressed one of the points I’ve raised, instead you’ve resorted to your favourite tactic on here when anyone dares disagree with you………insults. I’m not the only one to point this out before about resorting to insults if someone dares to disagree with you.
So gibberish eh? Would you care to specify what part of my post is ‘gibberish’ please? Likewise ‘meaningless.’ Also would you care to elaborate on what part of it is ‘embarrassing’. Much obliged.

An ‘appalling misogynist’ eh? So the definition of ‘misogyny’ is ‘having a hatred of women’ so how do you equate me saying Alex Scott’s opinions on the men’s game have no ‘validity’ as she’s never played it at that level as me having a hatred of women? How does me saying women’s football is a ‘low quality minority sport’ make me a women hater? I’m expressing an opinion on the quality of the women’s game and the suitability of having women pundits I’m not saying I hate women. For the record I love women and Alex Scott would be welcome at my place anytime.

Why have you not addressed the point I made about you referring to Harry Redknapp as ‘arry’ . No doubt you are a Labour voter and all for the ‘working classes’ so why mock someone because of how they speak because they were born in a particular region, a traditional working class region? Would you mock a ‘roar’ guest if they spoke with a cockney accent? Would you call Hope Powell ‘ope’?

The ‘real world’ You wouldn’t know the real world if it smashed you in the gob you live in a hermetically sealed trendy liberal world which is why you mock someone who speaks with a cockney accent and resort to personal insults if someone dares to express an opinion that doesn’t chime in with your own one.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I backed you up in the last thread as I thought you made a valid point. Had I known you really were a misogynistic nob as now appears evident, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

I've addressed your point in a later on in the thread when I addressed 'the large one' .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shame how it turned out with Leon, I remember what an exciting player he was for us, especially the first few games under Coppell. It was worth the entrance money just to watch him, such a waste of talent, he clearly has serious issues.

I believe he had his best spell whilst with the Albion too, but even back then his opening gambit seemed to be “I played for Chelsea”. Another player who thought of us as a bit Micky Mouse I think. It didn’t get better than what you had here Leon (I know he visits NSC sometimes :smile:)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'd like to take this opportunity to distance myself from Leon Knight and his comments.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My 'true colours' were matched by the jury who acquitted CE unanimously in under 2 hours following his retrial.

I think not.

Your comments about the various people involved on the night in question showed your personal views on (men and) women quite clearly, and I doubt very much that anybody who served on that jury shares them, irrespective of the decision they reached on the specific charges.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I think not.

Your comments about the various people involved on the night in question showed your personal views on (men and) women quite clearly, and I doubt very much that anybody who served on that jury shares them, irrespective of the decision they reached on the specific charges.

I think yes as the central plank of CE defence in the retrial was to call into the question the character of the 'victim.' Anyway we will never know what the juries deliberations involved so we could speculate between now and until a Brexit deal is reached and still be none the wiser.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It certainly feels weird to me having female commentators and studio guests. Purely because I’m not used to it. I personally prefer to have ex players or managers I’ve heard of as pundits so not a great fan of female pundits myself. Don’t agree with Leon’s way of doing things though or reasons.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It certainly feels weird to me having female commentators and studio guests. Purely because I’m not used to it. I personally prefer to have ex players or managers I’ve heard of as pundits so not a great fan of female pundits myself. Don’t agree with Leon’s way of doing things though or reasons.

Kind of agree, but getting more used to it. Alison Mitchell for example is pretty good commentating on Test Match Special and has been doing it for ages so it doesn't seem 'odd' any more. Not sure she's ever played cricket at any level. Maybe she's just an experienced professional who is good at her job.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here