Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubby-McFat-Fuc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've got a point.

But you will get slaughtered for airing that view on here by the snowflakes though.
    Snowflakes is such a pathetic term. What is it supposed to even mean?

If it means people who are 'easily offended', then have you not got this particular case a little confused? Leon Knight and yourselves seem to be the ones 'offended' by the BBC's pundit choices. Everyone else is just watching telly unbothered
    The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post

If it means people who are 'easily offended', then have you not got this particular case a little confused? Leon Knight and yourselves seem to be the ones 'offended' by the BBC's pundit choices. Everyone else is just watching telly unbothered
      Seems like there are only two offended snowflakes on this thread. One with a history of misogyny (like little Leon) and the other with a history of talking bollocks and being wrong about everything.

Oh and both with a history of getting VERY angry and upset about what other people post. Very angry!

0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't want to listen to an ex-county league player, commenting on televised games, unless maybe a county team is ever featured in a live football match.
      Do you watch Soccer Saturday ?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      Your uncle Graham can sing?
      Not really, but he's a legend on the spoons!
      Absolutely Sheeboed Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      No.....he’ll be wearing something from the Trackzy range of sportswear, obviously....
      Anybody know how Leon's bizarre business partnership with DS is going?
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

2 Not allowed!
      Same here. No problem at all. But I would prefer pundits to come from a background from the highest possible level. I don't want to hear from someone who plays at a level which is not a lot different to county league standard.

I wouldn't want to listen to an ex-county league player, commenting on televised games, unless maybe a county team is ever featured in a live football match.

But I honestly think the standard of women's football is terrible. I probably do county league players a mis-justice of comparing it. I mean, look at it!!

Just generally fed up of people getting jobs, because of "what" they are, rather than "who" they are.

The best qualified people, who is likely to do the best job should be there. Not because they are a man, woman, white, black, green, tall, short. But because they deserve it.
      Christ. I got slated for having 'sly digs' at women's football a couple of weeks ago because I asked if the quality was still poor with crap goalkeepers.

I really thought it would have come on more than that. A decent men's county league team would batter them, from that evidence.
      Last edited by Commander; 14-09-2018 at 15:51.
      "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post

Knew you'd be along.

In the past a thread like this would hit 10 pages in an hour. But no one bothers any more, becuase if you are not 100% PC, the snowflakes,( yes you describe wellish, more like people that are offended for the sake of being offended), are all over them and don't want to listen to anything other than there own short sighted views.

I think Leon Knights a soppy like ****. Doesn't make me racist because he's black. Thats my opinion of the man. But I, like a lot of people I know, and no doubt most people that have played football to any sort of standard, probably saw that and thought, he's got a point. Last year there was the odd one, this year it seems they have a quota to fill.

Anyway, Where was all the threads a couple of years ago demanding more women pundits? I don't recall many.

No all of a sudden we seem to have them everywhere, the same old lefties are out calling anyone who disagrees with them a dinosaur or living in the past.

I for one, don't want to listen to country league standard players taking about top standard football.

Any more than I want to listen to a group of just men annalising womens tennis. I'd rather the girls do that. But with tennis men and woman talk about each others games as they pretty well matched skill wise, they only differ in psychical strength.

Men and womens football are miles and miles apart in standard and I don't want to listen to people who play at a very low standard analyse a sport at a standard they are not capable of competing in, and that's not just woman, that's men as well.
      Ignore list - 1. An idiot - Classified He knows who he is!!
      2. Dickheads Elbow - No other reason than he's a tw**!

That is all!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      Do you watch Soccer Saturday ?
      I don't.

But one thing I will add, I have no problem at all with women presenters. There are a few that are excellent. I think Gary Linekar is the most over rated presenters on British Television, and I would turf him out on his big ears tomorrow. That doesn't mean I am against men presenters. And I know Soccer Saturday have fans talking and giving opinion on the game, but that completely different to a pundit in the studio at half time!

That is all!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
      Christ. I got slated for having 'sly digs' at women's football a couple of weeks ago because I asked if the quality was still poor with crap goalkeepers.

I really thought it would have come on more than that. A decent men's county league team would batter them, from that evidence.
      Exactly. From that and other games I watch, its almost like a rubbish under 16 team standard. Goalkeepers in woman football are terrible, but the outfield players are not much better.

We have got to stop pretending its a good standard and trying to put it on par with the mens game. It's kidding no one!

But that's not a PC thing to say. As its sexist. When its actually just the blunt truth.

Anyone think I am sexist, I think woman are by far the superior sex. But when it comes to football, don't try and force something that isn't there just to be PC and allow the snowflakes another subject to get all self important about!

That is all!

2 Not allowed!
      I don't.

But one thing I will add, I have no problem at all with women presenters. There are a few that are excellent. I think Gary Linekar is the most over rated presenters on British Television, and I would turf him out on his big ears tomorrow. That doesn't mean I am against men presenters. And I know Soccer Saturday have fans talking and giving opinion on the game, but that completely different to a pundit in the studio at half time!
      Do you listen to radio Sussex ? Johnny Cantor is one of the best pundit/ commentators about. On premier league football. Hasn’t played football to even county league standard afaik or the football ramble podcast guys or Henry winter or Paul Hayward - and most national football journalists. Yet more articulate, insightful about football. If it doesn’t matter for them then why does it matter so much for you if they are female ?