NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Spot on Dalai as always. Dreadful thread title by the way...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Spot on Dalai as always. Dreadful thread title by the way...

I'm just wondering what the response would be to different people saying the same thing? His Holiness is clearly spot on and his thinking, as you'd expect, is spot on. If say Mr Farage, Mr Corbyn or Mrs May said the same thing would it be reported or interpreted in the same way.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm just wondering what the response would be to different people saying the same thing? His Holiness is clearly spot on and his thinking, as you'd expect, is spot on. If say Mr Farage, Mr Corbyn or Mrs May said the same thing would it be reported or interpreted in the same way.

Agreed. Just don't think your headline is likely to attract much attention. Should have gone with "Dalai Lama says kick immigrants out of Europe". Just a tip for next time if you want anybody to read it :)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Agreed. Just don't think your headline is likely to attract much attention. Should have gone with "Dalai Lama says kick immigrants out of Europe". Just a tip for next time if you want anybody to read it :)

Good point, now I just need a PT Mod who could kindly change it!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I havent checked, but I'm guessing the comments section on that article is one MASSIVE circle jerk.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He should stop being a refugee and **** off back home to China and help rebuild it.

I guess his point is that if he did so he would be arrested and imprisoned, but that maybe isn't the case for a lot of immigrants returning to the country of their origin, albeit their life may be considerably worse as result.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To be honest he does have something of an agenda re the Tibet thing. He can hardly endorse free movement and open borders whilst at the same time wanting Tibetan independence and the Chinese to f*ck off out of it..

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6159933/Dalai-Lama-says-Europe-belongs-Europeans.html

The key point here is the need to help at the time it's needed, and in what form that help is, and the education, how you then repatriate is the difficult bit!

I walked past Malmo Uni this morning and a student stopped me to talk about the Dalia, had no idea he was in town until reading NSC just now. Anyone need me to pass on their regards? :) Maybe I should ask him where he’s watching the Soton game?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I guess his point is that if he did so he would be arrested and imprisoned, but that maybe isn't the case for a lot of immigrants returning to the country of their origin, albeit their life may be considerably worse as result.

There is still so much confusion between immigrants and refugees.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Dalai Lama now wades in with an opinion. As a non-European, and neither a Europhile nor a Brexiteer, we now have a neutral view............bet the desperate remoaners won't be happy about that!

If say Mr Farage, Mr Corbyn or Mrs May said the same thing................
........well yes, of course that would be racist. We all know that, don't we.............

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I walked past Malmo Uni this morning and a student stopped me to talk about the Dalia, had no idea he was in town until reading NSC just now. Anyone need me to pass on their regards? :) Maybe I should ask him where he’s watching the Soton game?

He's in the divine seats, he didn't have enough points for the Away End.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You probably would be a little ticked off with foreigners if you were the spiritual leader of tibet, a country that has been invaded by the Chinese. Too biased an opinion I'm afraid.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The Dalai Lama now wades in with an opinion. As a non-European, and neither a Europhile nor a Brexiteer, we now have a neutral view............bet the desperate remoaners won't be happy about that!

........well yes, of course that would be racist. We all know that, don't we.............

Ummm. This isn't about Brexit. 'Europe is for the Europeans'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here