Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Help - Friend Sentenced to 37 years in Qatar

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Agree. Ironic that Israel which is constantly velified by the extreme lefties is the only sane country in the middle East with laws and human rights almost identical to ours.

Unless of course you're from Gaza and then your human rights go out the window.

Signed by the way.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Done, as I am very aware this kind of thing happens over here.

Though the involvement of 'Detained in Dubai' rings alarm bells for me; he should get rid of them and stick to official channels.

DiD is nothing more than a one-woman agenda-driven self-publicising PR firm, completely in bed with The Daily Mail's Middle East-scaremongering department: the recent "JAILED FOR DRINKING A GLASS OF WINE ON A FLIGHT" BS "story" was totally down to DiD, and the most ridiculously warped and untrue account of something you'll ever hear.

Pretty much every OTT Middle East story you see in the likes of The Daily Mail comes directly from DiD (which is essentially just one notoriously loopy woman anyway), and over here their involvement in legitimate cases is very much seen as doing more harm than good. Nothing puts a dent in a case's chances of success than quoting DiD as being part of your legal team: it totally pisses off the very people you need to try and win over. I know your friend is in Qatar, but here in Dubai for example, involving DiD = linking your case to The Daily Mail = linking your case to the 'stories' about one of Sheikh Mohammed's daughters being held against her will = you'll never get Sheikh Mo on your side = you've severely set your chances back.

They are absolutely not a legit civil rights outfit like you get in the UK, and he should get rid asap.

Yeah but... She's out now, right ? And all after a massive hoo-ha by the DM and DiD.. ???

(And AFAIK, the story was more about a lapsed visa/passport and said woman flipping between Swedish and Iranian passport's when pulled up)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here