Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Sexist Censorship of NSC Moderators

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Let's not talk pubes please. I really do not want or need to know.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A found a pube on my breakfast in a grotty b&b in Blackpool whilst enduring a weekend there following the Albion. I presumed it was placed there for flossing purposes.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
How anyone can honestly get offended by a post, from someone they’ve never met before, on a public forum baffles me.

If you don’t like or agree with what you see/read, hit the back button and continue.

We really are becoming much to reactive to any little thing, in most cases, to make ourselves feel more important than we actually are

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The OP has wasted 10 minutes banging out a rant, but in the great scheme of things.....who really gives a shit ? This isn't Mumsnet. Not yet anyway.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yes, very amusing. But I am pretty sure as said above this type of thread move is down to how NSC appears on Google searches and how that best generates revenue through ads to fund the site. Although, you know, you crack on with the sexism angle if you want...

*guffaw*

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I started a thread earlier about men's grooming habits regarding their pubic region.

*http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?366822-Male-Grooming-Let-s-Talk-Pubes

The thread was swiftly moved to the "The Other Stuff" as it was possibly deemed too potentially offensive or embarassing for those of a more sensitive disposition. I have no problem with that in itself as long as there is a consistency with this policy but there clearly isn't. A few months ago a thread was started entitled, "Thread full of funny descriptions for a lady's private parts"

*http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...s-of-a-lady%92s-private-parts&highlight=Funny

That thread was left on The Big Board and allowed to run its course.

The difference between my thread and the other thread was my thread was targeted specifically at men with the subject offered for discussion being men. Although my thread was of a very personal and inquisitive nature there was nothing that was potentially offensive to anyone, men or women. It was moved nonetheless.

The other thread about lady's private parts was obviously targeted at men for their amusement at the expense and potential embarrassment of women. There was also plenty of potential for offensive content and inevitably it was posted by numerous posters. Much of the content on that board was rather distasteful as it was posted on a mixed board targeting one specific minority section of that board (women) as source of amusement for the other specific majority section of that board (men). No consideration was given to the potential for embarassment or discomfort to the female members of this board as it remained on The Big Board for eveyone to post their mainly vulgar content. I have no problem with vulgarity as long as it is all inclusive and not targeting anyone or group in particular while that group are mere spectators to the "hilarity" being dispensed at their expense.

So why was my thread moved when the other thread targeting women as the source of humour was left unchecked.

I believe there is a pervading and questionable element of sexism which determined how the two threads were dealt with.

Is it only ok to talk pubes on NSC if the pubes in question belong to women?

Boring.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I’m thinking of bouncing the do you scrunch or fold when you wipe your arse thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How anyone can honestly get offended by a post, from someone they’ve never met before, on a public forum baffles me.

If you don’t like or agree with what you see/read, hit the back button and continue.

We really are becoming much to reactive to any little thing, in most cases, to make ourselves feel more important than we actually are

Yes I have. The odd NSC post belittling people who are variously suicidal, suffering from mental illness, or have a learning difficulty, are all very offensive. Being insensitive, selfish, ill-informed, low and dim.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Yes I have. The odd NSC post belittling people who are variously suicidal, suffering from mental illness, or have a learning difficulty, are all very offensive. Being insensitive, selfish, ill-informed, low and dim.

A lot of people (unfortunately too many) need to feel big and clever online. In most cases it’s because they’re actually less intelligent than the Harry Enfield character, Tim, nice but dim.
Why does it offend you? Their ignorant posts, posted purely to fish for responses from the easily offended, says more about how fragile their lives are than they could ever imagine!

Up the Albion!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I applaud this thread.

3vZ7dXu.gif

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A lot of people (unfortunately too many) need to feel big and clever online. In most cases it’s because they’re actually less intelligent than the Harry Enfield character, Tim, nice but dim.
Why does it offend you? Their ignorant posts, posted purely to fish for responses from the easily offended, says more about how fragile their lives are than they could ever imagine!

Up the Albion!

Because, like others on here, I've known people who have learning disabilities, autism, or mental illness. I find posts belittling people in any of those situations, or unbelievably slagging off suicide victims because it made them late on a train journey, offensive.

I think you're right, many are fishing.

But some others are incredibly selfish and uncaring individuals, quite thick actually.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
OP over-analysing. And post dreary and over-long. Somebody's trying just a little too hard. And failing. Roll on the end of this latest shitty international break and the return to proper meaningful competitive football. And accompanying social intercourse...

Teehee, you said intercourse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here