Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] OT Cat Shit

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
We have way more problems with foxes shitting in our garden than cats. The foxes like to shit anywhere, on the grass or on the path, whilst cats tend to shit in the flower beds.

We have way more problems with treading in fkin dog shite when out walking .
And whats with this hanging the pi***ing dog shite bags on a bloody tree ffs is the dog sh*t fairy going to come and collect it .
Just thought I`d add me two peneth …..sorry

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I have had the same problem in previous years.

This year though I have used Evergreen weed and feed. I have applied it on two separate occasions and both times for a 2 month period after application, no cat poo. They seem to know when the two months are up though and you are only really supposed to use it twice a year.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00J086...t=&hvlocphy=9045812&hvtargid=pla-437603853327

A friend of mine had the same result.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I am fed up of having to clean cat shit from my garden, I have enough shit to deal with without having to clean up after other peoples cats. I have three young kids, the eldest knows better but my 20 month year old twins are none the wiser to going near it.

Has any one successfully prevented cats from shitting in their gardens, if so how?

Yes, do what we do, have a house cat :)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Lion shit
I am fed up of having to clean cat shit from my garden, I have enough shit to deal with without having to clean up after other peoples cats. I have three young kids, the eldest knows better but my 20 month year old twins are none the wiser to going near it.

Has any one successfully prevented cats from shitting in their gardens, if so how?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Pepper... scatter pepper over your lawn and when they put their arse on the grass they suffer with an uncomfortable itch for a while after. Doesn't take long for them to shit elsewhere.

Cats shit in soft earth, not on lawns.

The only time I’ve found cat shit on the lawn was when it has snowed.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I was looking for a cat deterent at the weekend, but for a different reason. We have a bird table etc and like to attract birds in to the garden. But we have a couple of cats that sit under a certain tree undercover, ....

Do they disguise themselves as seagulls or something? :shrug:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I hate cats, and i hate cat owners. Cat shit in people gardens is a constant, disgusting problem and all you ever get from cat owners is 'but we cant change it, it's their nature'. Well keep the feckers indoors and keep their foul stinking shit in your own house and not messing up the living areas of others. Keep the vile disease spreading filth in you own space!

Why should non-cat owners have to put up with it, or why should we fork out money to try (in vain) to keep the stinking shit out of our gardens. At the very least you could at least pay for repellers that you expect us all to be happy to use because of your rancid creatures. Cat shit is seriously dangerous, especially to young kids. But it's not your problem is it!!! No, of course it's not you selfish ********!

What about dog shit, that's left lying about by their owners, not really just cat shit that is dangerous.
Or are you just one of those know it all people that shout their gob off, and no one is really listening?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What about dog shit, that's left lying about by their owners, not really just cat shit that is dangerous.
Or are you just one of those know it all people that shout their gob off, and no one is really listening?

Cat poop is worse though isn’t it ? Can cause toxoplasmosis......dog shit can’t as far as I aware ?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Cat poop is worse though isn’t it ? Can cause toxoplasmosis......dog shit can’t as far as I aware ?

TBH, I don't really know, but when we clear out cat doo doo away, it's gloves and triple bagged, dumped in bin, hands washed thoroughly.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Cats shit in soft earth, not on lawns.

The only time I’ve found cat shit on the lawn was when it has snowed.

I'm not convinced. 100% is cat shit on the lawn, that is unless foxes can scale 6ft walls? The large fur ball also deposited points to it being cats.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We have way more problems with foxes shitting in our garden than cats. The foxes like to shit anywhere, on the grass or on the path, whilst cats tend to shit in the flower beds.

Yep we have foxes as well which crap in the grass and it stinks. I wonder if they are more culpable here

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
If it's fox shit, do NOT get a dog....

Ours seems to think fox shit is the height of fashion and wears it at every available opportunity. Face plant, roll left, roll right, face plant, somersault, one more roll for luck. Smelly little fecker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here