Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] OT Cat Shit

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I am fed up of having to clean cat shit from my garden, I have enough shit to deal with without having to clean up after other peoples cats. I have three young kids, the eldest knows better but my 20 month year old twins are none the wiser to going near it.

Has any one successfully prevented cats from shitting in their gardens, if so how?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nerf_Super_Soaker_Floodinator_NERF_SUPER_SOAKER_B8248_9815_0_res.jpeg

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Unfortunately, cats can't be trained to stick to one place in the same way as dogs, so attempted retribution against the cat owner will only succeed in turning a potential friend into an enemy.

Dazzer's and Icy Gull's suggestions of a Super Soaker or automated water jets are good ones - cats usually hate water. Another thing to try is pepper around the borders - that sometimes works if they're going for the dug-up soil rather than the lawn.
And usually any attempt to scare them off only tends to be temporary, as they will try their luck again after a short while to try to regain "their" territory.

A more permanent way to keep them at bay would be to get a dog, or a male cat of your own to defend its own territory. I guess that would defeat your object, though.

Last edited:

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
I am fed up of having to clean cat shit from my garden, I have enough shit to deal with without having to clean up after other peoples cats. I have three young kids, the eldest knows better but my 20 month year old twins are none the wiser to going near it.

Has any one successfully prevented cats from shitting in their gardens, if so how?

Our next door neighbour has loads of cats who leave their litter everywhere. Our garden was a favourite “dumping ground” of theirs so in an attempt to combat them I bought a solar powered sonic repeller on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072R6JTSS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It’s not cheap but it is incredibly effective. After only 2 days the cat littering stopped, and we’ve only had one or two “incidents” now in over a year. It has 180 degree coverage and variable frequency settings to cover a whole range of animals you may wish to deter from fouling your garden. Just make sure you don’t cover its sensor with plants etc which limits its effectiveness.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unfortunately, cats can't be trained to stick to one place in the same way as dogs, so attempted retribution against the cat owner will only succeed in turning a potential friend into an enemy.

Dazzer's and Icy Gull's suggestions of a Super Soaker or automated water jets are good ones - cats usually hate water. Another thing to try is pepper around the borders - that sometimes works if they're going for the dug-up soil rather than the lawn.
And usually any attempt to scare them off only tends to be temporary, as they will try their luck again after a short while to try to regain "their" territory.

A more permanent way to keep them at bay would be to get a dog, or a male cat of your own to defend its own territory. I guess that would defeat your object, though.
Trouble with the super soaker is that the cat can move faster than the water from the soaker! The bl**dy things notice the upstairs window quietly opening anyway............

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Our next door neighbour has loads of cats who leave their litter everywhere. Our garden was a favourite “dumping ground” of theirs so in an attempt to combat them I bought a solar powered sonic repeller on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072R6JTSS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have tried something similar, albeit a cheaper version and it worked temporarily. I found I was changing the batteries frequently and the kids would set it off constantly, maybe a higher end model would be better.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Decent water pistol with a drop of washing-up liquid. No, don't spray the garden, spray the ****ing cats.

I have to collect my dogs crap from the garden, and the crap from 5 cats living either side.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I can Vouch for "Ultrasonic cat repeller" I lived in terrace house two years ago re seeded Lawn. Dug up every night with at least six shits in. Bought one first night no digging three shits, second night nothing. My garden approx 20ft by 50 ft. After four ish weeks tried without and took a couple of weeks before any shits appeared. Now use it approx one week per month. Brilliant.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can Vouch for "Ultrasonic cat repeller" I lived in terrace house two years ago re seeded Lawn. Dug up every night with at least six shits in. Bought one first night no digging three shits, second night nothing. My garden approx 20ft by 50 ft. After four ish weeks tried without and took a couple of weeks before any shits appeared. Now use it approx one week per month. Brilliant.

I tried one of those, the cats then even shat right beside it, didn’t work for me.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I hate cats, and i hate cat owners. Cat shit in people gardens is a constant, disgusting problem and all you ever get from cat owners is 'but we cant change it, it's their nature'. Well keep the feckers indoors and keep their foul stinking shit in your own house and not messing up the living areas of others. Keep the vile disease spreading filth in you own space!

Why should non-cat owners have to put up with it, or why should we fork out money to try (in vain) to keep the stinking shit out of our gardens. At the very least you could at least pay for repellers that you expect us all to be happy to use because of your rancid creatures. Cat shit is seriously dangerous, especially to young kids. But it's not your problem is it!!! No, of course it's not you selfish ********!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here