Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] RIP Robert Eaton

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
RIP Robert Eaton and all the victims of 9 11 01

Great work still carries on in your name 17 years on through the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund which has brought joy and happiness to hundreds and hundreds of youngsters Worldwide and continues to do so

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
RIP Robert Eaton and all the victims of 9 11 01

Great work still carries on in your name 17 years on through the Rbert Eaton Memorial Fund which has brought joy and happiness to hundreds and hundreds of youngsters Worldwide and continues to do so

Well said.

Visited the Memorial a few months ago again. Was in New York when it happened, can't believe it was so long ago. Still vividly recall the whole day and very surreal week that followed.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I too visited the memorial in New Your back in 2016.

Found his name and said a prayer.

Found the whole experience of the memorial and museum heart breaking, yet also very uplifting on the sacrifices people made 17 years ago. I also include the wonderful work that people do re REMF which is also inspiring.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Still think back to that terrible day and the NSC thread on it when the awful news dawned on us when we realised that we'd lost one of our own.

For any new to NSC, Albion and the background, Robert used to post under the name 'Ricky Marlowe's Hairpiece'.

He was an active contributor to NSC and had posted on threads on the Sunday, less than 48 hours before the planes hit.

I still count it a genuine honour to have been able to play in the very first REMF game along with others on here.

At a time of increasing polarization of worldviews, the REMF still has the power to bring rival football fans together to improve the lives of others.

Long may it continue its good work and be a fitting tribute to Robert.

He was one of us.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
RIP Robert and all those killed that day.

I'm sure Robert would be incredibly proud of all that the REMF has achieved in his name.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Still think back to that terrible day and the NSC thread on it when the awful news dawned on us when we realised that we'd lost one of our own.

For any new to NSC, Albion and the background, Robert used to post under the name 'Ricky Marlowe's Hairpiece'.

He was an active contributor to NSC and had posted on threads on the Sunday, less than 48 hours before the planes hit.

I still count it a genuine honour to have been able to play in the very first REMF game along with others on here.

At a time of increasing polarization of worldviews, the REMF still has the power to bring rival football fans together to improve the lives of others.

Long may it continue its good work and be a fitting tribute to Robert.

He was one of us.
Me too. Be nice to all meet up again.

I too have seen Robert's name on the 9/11 memorial, very moving.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I didn't know Robert, however I did look him up on the memorial and indeed it was very moving.
Great to know about the great work done, and still being done in his name - typical Brighton!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
RIP Robert and the other victims; and the family, friends and associates of those impacted by this horrific event.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The New York Daily News always publishes the full list of the people who perished in the 9/11 attack. Seeing the list of nearly 3,000 names is always a sobering reminder of what happened.

RIP Robert

REMF.JPG

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
My wife and I visited the memorial 5 years ago. I managed to find Robert's name and although I never knew him it made me a little emotional at the time. The museum was still under construction while we were there but I do intend to go back and visit it.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Well said.

Visited the Memorial a few months ago again. Was in New York when it happened, can't believe it was so long ago. Still vividly recall the whole day and very surreal week that followed.

Going to NYC in two weeks will be paying my respects

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
My wife and I visited the memorial 5 years ago. I managed to find Robert's name and although I never knew him it made me a little emotional at the time. The museum was still under construction while we were there but I do intend to go back and visit it.
I did it with my Wife it was emotional also the tear drop memorial In the American EXPRESS OFFICE is also very moving.
Also the local fire station which lost most of its firemen was very sad. RIP to all of them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
17 years. Blimey

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I did it with my Wife it was emotional also the tear drop memorial In the American EXPRESS OFFICE is also very moving.
Also the local fire station which lost most of its firemen was very sad. RIP to all of them.

The firefighters were truly brave men and women. The documentary shown in the years post 9/11, showing them climbing the staircases laden with gear, was so moving. Words weren't needed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here