Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] RIP Robert Eaton

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Myself, wife and the youngest visited the memorial a few years back, very emotional.

REMF is probably the best thing to evolve from NSC, I went to the first game and quite a few others. Also provided the ball boys from my sons youth football team several times and both my sons have played twice for the team.

It is great others have now taken up the baton for REMF and God bless Robert, I never met him RIP

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I went to the 9/11 Memorial last month, on 13th August. I never appreciated the significance of that date, until i saw this sign:

9 11.jpg

There were only around 10 white roses across both memorials. So imagine my amazement when I saw this:

911 2.jpg

9 11 4.jpg

9 11 5.jpg

A very humbling moment, as was the eulogy from Robert's wife I managed to get played in the In Memoriam contemplative space.

RIP Robert and the other 2,982. We shall NEVER forget!

Attachments

• 9 11.jpg
    9 11.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 366
  • 9 11.jpg
    9 11.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I didn’t know of NSC let alone Robert Eaton 17 years ago, I can’t begin to imagine what Roberts family and all of the other families who lost loved ones went through that day.

Evidently a much loved part of NSC, his legacy lives on through the work that REMF does.

Watching the collection of eye witness accounts and videos from the day on more 4 just makes me feel even more sad at such a monumental waste of so many lives.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I was in NYC for the 4th of July this year, and strolled along to the memorial as I always do when I’m in the city. To mark Independence Day, many relatives and friends place little American flags in the grooves of their loved ones names. It was quite a sight to see. I couldn’t find a small Union Jack to put in Robert’s name so I purchased a little American flag instead. Felt quite emotional too.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am still very proud to have been one of the original group of fans who got this off the ground.

Yes, Robert was not known by many people on here, but represented something that we wanted to do to somehow remember that atrocious day.

RIP RIcky Marlow's Hairpiece.

From the one time manager of the REMF team....dave the gaffer.

Never to be forgotten by albion fans as long as REMF lives in our psyche.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I am still very proud to have been one of the original group of fans who got this off the ground.

Yes, Robert was not known by many people on here, but represented something that we wanted to do to somehow remember that atrocious day.

RIP RIcky Marlow's Hairpiece.

From the one time manager of the REMF team....dave the gaffer.

Never to be forgotten by albion fans as long as REMF lives in our psyche.

Myself, wife and the youngest visited the memorial a few years back, very emotional.

REMF is probably the best thing to evolve from NSC, I went to the first game and quite a few others. Also provided the ball boys from my sons youth football team several times and both my sons have played twice for the team.

It is great others have now taken up the baton for REMF and God bless Robert, I never met him RIP

:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[tweet]1039512839365390337[/tweet]

From my visit in September 2016. I left the stick pin there, but of course they clear everything away every day. A truly solemn and humbling experience, that monument they have built to the victims is wonderful.

What really hit me was walking past a nearby fire station a block or two away. As the 9/11 memorial that year was only a week or so earlier when we were there, there were numerous photos outside of all the firemen who had lost their lives that day. They were decorated with fresh flowers and little handwritten notes from their families and friends. Absolutely heartwrenching.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
[tweet]1039512839365390337[/tweet]

From my visit in September 2016. I left the stick pin there, but of course they clear everything away every day. A truly solemn and humbling experience, that monument they have built to the victims is wonderful.

What really hit me was walking past a nearby fire station a block or two away. As the 9/11 memorial that year was only a week or so earlier when we were there, there were numerous photos outside of all the firemen who had lost their lives that day. They were decorated with fresh flowers and little handwritten notes from their families and friends. Absolutely heartwrenching.

When I was there in July this year, it had to be mid-30s at least, probably more. It was absolutely sweltering even in shorts and a tshirt. As it was the 4th of July, there were quite a lot of firefighters coming to the memorial to pay their respects, including a fair few from the station just around the corner. What struck me was that they were ALL in full kit - they must have been absolutely baking. I had a brief chat with a couple of them who were standing close to where Robert’s name is. Both of them came every year on 4th July and spend the whole day pretty much ‘with’ their buddies. Heartwrenching is the only word for it.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I went to the Memorial quite a few times when I was living in NYC. I found it more moving each time went as I took in more and more about the day and the people involved.

I lost someone I knew in the North Tower and remember panicking through the streets of London on the day it happened.

Looking at the remains of the steps which took people down to Vesey as the only means of getting away makes me screw my eyes up now even thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc1976

Apr 16, 2015
I was there this July. Again, didn't know Robert personally, but looked him up on the interactive roll in the museum and explained to my wife who he was and what REMF is. The whole museum is just mind blowing... R.I.P. to all who lost their lives that awful day.

Sent from my VFD 620 using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
50A4F87C-8742-4E68-86CB-885CF6B954A7.jpeg

There’s a church around the corner from the site where they have a cross and book with metal pages to remember them all. RIP to them and especially our own.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Watched '102 minutes that changes America' last night. Really did bring back the memories of that day (not that the memories will ever go). We visited in February 2002, and were struck by the number of boards with faces of missing people there were. And, unfortunately, lots of tacky stalls selling Twin Tower 'souvenirs'. Thoughts, as always, with those that died and those that survived, but who lived the horror and are still dealing with it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That first REMF match at Southwick was incredible, far exceeded anything anyone expected, by far the best thing to come from NSC,

Still haunts me I didn't score the winner in extra time.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Never had the pleasure of knowing Robert, but by the comments I have just read seemed to be a hell of a good fellow. Keep up the good work in his memory,unfortunatly living living in Turkey I cant do much to help. RIP Rob and all the others that were murdered that dreadful day

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
18 years on and still remember it like yesterday. RIP Robert and everyone else who had their lives taken on that devastating day

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here