Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is Man of the Match out of touch with gender neutrality?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The golden boot award should be changed as well to consider the goals scored with the head as they currently have no recognition despite being part of the golden boot total

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Absolute load of old cock.

;)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"Top Doris of the Day" ???

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Btw is it woman or lady of the match in ladies football?

Bitch of the pitch.

(Well, that's what the ladies football team that I used to coach over here unofficially called it!)

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
No. Man of the match is fine when watching men play football. It would seem odd if it was said at a women's match, but I would not scream for a police person if it happened. "Women of the match" sounds strange, "player of the match" better. But as there are many women's matches played every week I guess if they have such a reward they have already thought about what to call it, and sorted it out themselves.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
No. Man of the match is fine when watching men play football. It would seem odd if it was said at a women's match, but I would not scream for a police person if it happened. "Women of the match" sounds strange, "player of the match" better. But as there are many women's matches played every week I guess if they have such a reward they have already thought about what to call it, and sorted it out themselves.

I'm not so sure. Someone stated at the Albion's Women's game on the weekend there were shouts of "man on."

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
A deserved "player" of the match today at the oval for Alistair Cook, no more man of the match at our mens test cricket.
Something that will be coming our way soon? :whistle:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Man of the match for men. Women can decide for themselves what they want. Bloody stupid to think otherwise.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
A deserved "player" of the match today at the oval for Alistair Cook, no more man of the match at our mens test cricket.
Something that will be coming our way soon? :whistle:

I know I have replied to this thread so I have to congratulate you on a successful fishing trip!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
A reactive but rather uncreative attempt at fishing here. Good effort, numerous bites, but a little more creative thought and perhaps better execution required here. Overall fishing mark: B−

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here