Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bolton Wanderers on the Brink?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Maybe I'm being a bit thick, but I've never understood why clubs in such dire straights get huge point deductions as well. I'm not sure who it helps - it's almost as if the ELF are keen to inflict that killer blow.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Maybe I'm being a bit thick, but I've never understood why clubs in such dire straights get huge point deductions as well. I'm not sure who it helps - it's almost as if the ELF are keen to inflict that killer blow.
To pur off clubs like palace, Leicester etc that use administration as a strategy for development.

Weren't Bolton the club advocating a closed shop in the premier league? What comes around goes around I guess.

Football has been ruined by the premier league and the greed that it generates.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Dean Holdsworth has a lot to answer for as he arranged the initial borrowings that created this mess.

Current chairman Ken Anderson charged the club £525,000 in ‘consultancy’ fees, and managed to persuade the club to pay his son’s company a further £125,000....which was nice. B2243D2C-204F-4B86-B343-156EF466062C.jpeg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Didn't the club a massive amount (more than £100m) of debt written just over a year ago. I thought the new owner was starting with a clean slate, how did the club get into such a state so quickly?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yes. Its not as if that if they don't get punsished they get away with not paying creditors, bimbling on, and maybe getting into the PL.

Oh.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Dean Holdsworth has a lot to answer for as he arranged the initial borrowings that created this mess.

Current chairman Ken Anderson charged the club £525,000 in ‘consultancy’ fees, and managed to persuade the club to pay his son’s company a further £125,000....which was nice.View attachment 100464
What is the land referred to? Is that the stadium?

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea

Elves have got their moral compass set a bit differently to us humans. Mercy just isn’t a concept they understand. Pixies on the other hand are a more forgiving lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To pur off clubs like palace, Leicester etc that use administration as a strategy for development.

Weren't Bolton the club advocating a closed shop in the premier league? What comes around goes around I guess.

Football has been ruined by the premier league and the greed that it generates.

Clubs were going to the wall well before the Premier League. Go to a National, Conference North/South game and the game has never looked so healthy in the lower tiers. The Premier League is it’s own evil beast, but not sure all football’s woes can be blamed on it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My brother in law works for them. He operates the car parks and is often running about as Lofty the Lion prior to kick-off. It seems this situation just won't go away as it's been going on for years and years. I feel very sorry for the employees and fans.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Current chairman Ken Anderson charged the club £525,000 in ‘consultancy’ fees, and managed to persuade the club to pay his son’s company a further £125,000....which was nice.View attachment 100464

You’d think the Chairman would do a ‘deal’ with his own club for a bit of consultation? Reminds me of Stanley’s interest rates! It’s almost as if they want the club to go into administration?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
And to think, they've managed all this without the help of Harry Redknapp.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Clubs were going to the wall well before the Premier League. Go to a National, Conference North/South game and the game has never looked so healthy in the lower tiers. The Premier League is it’s own evil beast, but not sure all football’s woes can be blamed on it.
Acrington Stanley and aldershot - can't think of others tbh. Others were relegated but that's just football surely. Palace x 3, pompey, Leicester are a very different size of club and would have gone in a much shorter time period.

Good to hear that 'non league is healthy, championship certainly isn't and id imagine more will follow Bolton.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And to think, they've managed all this without the help of Harry Redknapp.

As mentioned on another thread the other day, 'Arry is a convenient scapegoat but it's little to do with him. He's managed clubs that didn't go into administration, West Ham and Bournemouth for example (yes, I know Bournemouth did but that was more than 20 years after he left) and there are dozens of clubs where he's not been who have suffered.

It's little to do with the managers: they'll spend what they're allowed to spend, it's all down to owners/CEOs

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Look at the date when their nice stadium was completed.
They're doing it back to front from us, going tits up after a new stadium is built. The biggest asset is the stadium itself, can't see the land exactly being prime Real Estate.

http://www.stadiumguide.com/reebok/
reebok_front.jpg

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
As mentioned on another thread the other day, 'Arry is a convenient scapegoat but it's little to do with him. He's managed clubs that didn't go into administration, West Ham and Bournemouth for example (yes, I know Bournemouth did but that was more than 20 years after he left) and there are dozens of clubs where he's not been who have suffered.

It's little to do with the managers: they'll spend what they're allowed to spend, it's all down to owners/CEOs

That may be true but you have to admit he seems to be a bit of a jinx.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Acrington Stanley and aldershot - can't think of others tbh. Others were relegated but that's just football surely. Palace x 3, pompey, Leicester are a very different size of club and would have gone in a much shorter time period.

Good to hear that 'non league is healthy, championship certainly isn't and id imagine more will follow Bolton.

Charlton, Middlesborough, Tranmere, Newport County, Walsall, Northampton Town, Kettering Town, Aldershot, Maidstone United: all went into administration before or in 1992.

The Insolvency Act was only passed in 1986, so administration wasn't really governed until then. Some more recent examples like Darlington have little to do with the Premier League and a lot to do with idiot owners, like building a 25k capacity stadium when your football club has only ever averaged about 1,500 to 2000 fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here