Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Replica kit badge issues

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I bought my 4 year old a replica kit last season. It's been worn weekly when he plays footy and to a few home games. Only ever washed as per the washing instructions but unfortunately both the seagulls badges - firstly the one on the shorts and then the one on the shirt have detached. The badges are still in pretty good nick, but there's a splodge on the shirt where the glue was.

Anyone else had this issue? And any joy from the club shop? I can try and glue it back, but after only a few months it's pretty shoddy!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I had issues with my daughters shirt when the stitching came undone after a few weeks and took it back to the shop. Straight swop including re-naming on back, no questions.

Now, why does the word swop come up as spelt incorrectly.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Had a couple of issues with shirts past and present...

Occasionally need to "re-iron" the name/number back on when it starts to peel away straight after washing... Find just covering with a hanky and using a hot iron works. Don't leave this to get worse as it does seem to need to be resolved between washing and wearing/putting away!

The embroidered club crest has peeled off (or started to peel away from) a couple of shirts we've had over the past few years... the webbing strips that you use to hem trousers is great for a fix. Break off a bit and put in the gap between badge and shirt, iron to melt and then let cool with a big book or similar holding it down. This has always been a one-off fix for me - never had repeated problems.

I'd say if you can't resolve the problems with one or other of the above fixes then take it back.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I bought my 4 year old a replica kit last season. It's been worn weekly when he plays footy and to a few home games. Only ever washed as per the washing instructions but unfortunately both the seagulls badges - firstly the one on the shorts and then the one on the shirt have detached. The badges are still in pretty good nick, but there's a splodge on the shirt where the glue was.

Anyone else had this issue? And any joy from the club shop?

You have to go to the Transfer window.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here