Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Specsavers CC Div 2, Durham CCC v Sussex CCC, Chester-le-Street, 10-13 Sept 2018***

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Durham lead Sussex by 307 runs with 4 wickets remaining

Still two games to play - one against leaders Warwickshire and then Kent and Warwickshire play each other.

So still to play for.

I am sure the club will see two wins on Saturday as a very successful season and money to then invest in the squad.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Durham lead Sussex by 307 runs with 4 wickets remaining

Still two games to play - one against leaders Warwickshire and then Kent and Warwickshire play each other.

So still to play for.

I am sure the club will see two wins on Saturday as a very successful season and money to then invest in the squad.

HHI, where do you see the investment most needed?

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
At the start of the season many had already written Sussex off. There is still a small chace of promotion ,plus we are in cup semi finals. I think considering the young side we have they have done well. Whatever happens this season I remain hopeful of further improvement next year,or am I living in dream land.?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
At the start of the season many had already written Sussex off. There is still a small chace of promotion ,plus we are in cup semi finals. I think considering the young side we have they have done well. Whatever happens this season I remain hopeful of further improvement next year,or am I living in dream land.?

Nope. Archer will only improve, and as long as England don't fast track him we'll have him for another full season.

The number of young and / or home grown players coming through is great as well.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Nope. Archer will only improve, and as long as England don't fast track him we'll have him for another full season.

The number of young and / or home grown players coming through is great as well.

Cheque books may be on their way from the Oval, Edgebaston et al?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So make that 340 A/O 321 to win , dig in today get a 100 on the board for 2 wickets and get the win by tea tomorrow, sorted

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
322 to win. We'll struggle to get 222

But, to echo Luppers' point, we're a young side with no overseas player (Archer doesn't count as one) and have done OK this season. If we had an Australian test batsman who can score daddy hundreds, we might have had a chance in this but it's been a good effort. The disappointment this year has been Wells; he couldn't stop scoring last year, nada this year. It hasn't helped having Van Zyl missing all season either.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think we are going to have to get these runs, and I have a feeling we might do it.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
So make that 340 A/O 321 to win , dig in today get a 100 on the board for 2 wickets and get the win by tea tomorrow, sorted

I thought this was the last day! With so many games finishing so quickly it had passed me by there is still another day to go in this one. I wondered why Durham were not looking to declare!

I think we are going to have to get these runs, and I have a feeling we might do it.

Salt b Rushworth 0

5/1

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here