Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] MotoGP is dangerous

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The balotelli of Moto GP2 by the sound of it.
I work for a motorcycle company and although I don't ride, all the guys at work found it shocking that a so-called professional rider did this to a fellow rider. It doesn't take a genius to work out the result could've have gone spectacularly wrong.
Dangerous ******** and deserved the sacking. Hopefully he'll never see a race track again.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Very unusual in bike racing that.
Sure there are rivals, especially in Moto GP, Lorenzo and Marquez don't get on, but there is a professional camaraderie in bike racing due to the nature of what they do.
They are more like lads rather than the dislike between drivers and teams in F1.
But that guy should never get on a racing bike again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When I say he has pre planned that, I mean it is not an INSTANT moment of rage. It's not like a footballer being kicked and retaliating immediately. That's an instant reaction.

In the widely shown clip where it shows the riders entering the straight where he grabs the brake, there are 6 seconds of riding before he done it.

So, the fact he was riled by something that happened a couple of bends EARLIER means he had a VERY long time to not retaliate.

[ADDENDUM]

I have just read the telegraph story on this and it says the retaliation happened because of Manzi's attempt to overtake him a FEW LAPS earlier.

That's even more shocking. He's had laps to think about it.

Having watched it a couple of times, I don't actually think he planned it. I don't know of course, but my guess is that it hadn't even occurred to him until just about the moment he pulled up alongside, realised he was close enough just to reach over, and then in a moment of utter madness actually went ahead and did it.

The fact that this thought even entered his head proves that he should never be allowed to race again. There's clearly something wrong with him.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
He needs to be banned for life because the other riders deserve to be able to race without worrying about him doing it again when he happens to be alongside them.

They have enough problems to worry about, like coming flying off at 200 MPH without that melt helping him along.
A lot of 'offs' are caused by front brake errors ( a little too much pressure at the wrong time) if that idiot had actually managed to get a decent squeeze on the lever there was every chance that he was in the gravel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here