Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Applying for a Turkish Visa on line.

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Be careful what site you use as there are scam ones.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Go onto TripAdvisor for legit websites.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
How do eVisas stop any of the above?

Outside the EU, believe it or not, it is normal to require visitors to obtain a visa to gain access to a country, so for example, if you had a conviction for rape, do you think you would get into the US for a 2 week holiday to Florida?

We know the answer, and that’s how it stops criminals with convictions.

Nothing extreme about it either, just simple common sense, I’m sure you will agree.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
What did you think would happen?

Exactly what all other sane countries do, we would require visitors to obtain visas to reduce the risks of persona non gratias turning up and (say) stabbing U.K. citizens to death. You know that kind of stuff.

Revolutionary eh?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How do eVisas stop any of the above?

What did you think would happen?

[MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] is banned from the Brexit thread, for good reason as well. So he likes to steer other threads in a Brexit direction.... so he has an outlet for his dull single issue. I’d ignore him if I were you.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Exactly what all other sane countries do, we would require visitors to obtain visas to reduce the risks of persona non gratias turning up and (say) stabbing U.K. citizens to death. You know that kind of stuff.

Revolutionary eh?

Good to know visas stop murders. Thanks for the heads up

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
[MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] is banned from the Brexit thread, for good reason as well. So he likes to steer other threads in a Brexit direction.... so he has an outlet for his dull single issue. I’d ignore him if I were you.

I’ve never been told I have been banned, I have no infractions linked to the thread.........how do I know it’s a ban?

What was it for?

And the Trump thread too by the way...........see above.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Good to know visas stop murders. Thanks for the heads up

No problem David.

https://www.olliers.com/news/how-a-conviction-could-affect-you-travelling-abroad/

Think of a country like your gaff, it’s not like you would just let anyone in is it........when your door bell rings and you see Auntie Beryl and cousin Bernard on your doorstep through the little peephole, you would enthusiastically open the door, then invite them in for a cup of tea whilst watching the Antiques roadshow.

Conversely if you took a look through the peeper and you saw a great big bearded fella with all his clobber covered in claret holding your next door neighbours head In one hand and a dirty great big butchers knife in the other, you would put the chain on and shout out “not today thank you” then head back to watch the end of Homes under the hammer.

Not difficult is it.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Try posting on it; then you’ll know.

I find it hard to believe you have not been told the reason.

‘‘Tis true, not a word from anyone..........one day a year or so ago I could post on it, the next day I could not.

I always thought a ban meant I could not post at all, you know like when you wished me dead back last Christmas, it wasn’t like you got banned from just that thread.

No drama though, it’s not like I post hundreds of posts a day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
‘‘Tis true, not a word from anyone..........one day a year or so ago I could post on it, the next day I could not.

Then you’re banned; it’s quite simple.

‘I always thought a ban meant I could not post at all, you know like when you wished me dead back last Christmas, it wasn’t like you got banned from just that thread..

You can be banned from specific threads. You thought wrong.

Good night.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Good night.

Oh yes, that’s the thing with you Germans, the rules is the rules, everything therefore is quite simple as you say.

But then to quote someone from 100 years ago, “rules are for the blind obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men”.

We know what you are don’t we.

Sweet dreams.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
No problem David.

https://www.olliers.com/news/how-a-conviction-could-affect-you-travelling-abroad/

Think of a country like your gaff, it’s not like you would just let anyone in is it........when your door bell rings and you see Auntie Beryl and cousin Bernard on your doorstep through the little peephole, you would enthusiastically open the door, then invite them in for a cup of tea whilst watching the Antiques roadshow.

Conversely if you took a look through the peeper and you saw a great big bearded fella with all his clobber covered in claret holding your next door neighbours head In one hand and a dirty great big butchers knife in the other, you would put the chain on and shout out “not today thank you” then head back to watch the end of Homes under the hammer.

Not difficult is it.

You're a bit of a drama queen aren't you

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Good night.

The problem with [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] is that he is a leaver.
He was banned from a specific thread,without even a moderator saying they had revoked posting privileges, and there is no way he will be allowed back in.
A high posting remainer was banned permanently from that thread just recently too within the last couple of weeks,and it was announced on the thread by a moderator, and then a moderator chose to revoke that ban.

One rule for a leaver and another rule for a remainer..............sounds fair doesnt it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One rule for a leaver and another rule for a remainer..............sounds fair doesnt it.

Come on. You’re many things but I never had you down as a conspiracist.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Outside the EU, believe it or not, it is normal to require visitors to obtain a visa to gain access to a country, so for example, if you had a conviction for rape, do you think you would get into the US for a 2 week holiday to Florida?

We know the answer, and that’s how it stops criminals with convictions.

Nothing extreme about it either, just simple common sense, I’m sure you will agree.

They don’t though, do they?

The Turks, Americans etc have no ability to do a PNC check - in the same way that we, (the UK), wouldn’t have access to Italian, French etc national police/court records.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here