Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ring Of Fire before kick off

Ring Of Fire before kick off, do you like it?

• Total voters

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Meh
But its better than 7 nation army to any player/person in any sport/event ever

if was "oh Jeremy Corbyn" on a fricking protest the other day

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The kids seem to like it i suppose
Instrumental of this is far more repetitive and potential to be incredibly annoying,so gets my nomination as an alternative

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Why exactly do we need ANY music once GOSBTS has finished? I just don’t get why the crowd atmosphere build up is now nullified by music and videos, can’t fans be left to just soak up or make the pre match atmosphere. I kind of get the need to entertain people in the half hour or so before the players run out but do the club, and quite a few fans it seems, really think we need rarr rarring just before kick off by playing music right up until the ref blows his whistle.

Quite. It's just stupid. Would love to hear the club justify the idiot final sequence of music prior to kick off. Tho I'm pretty sure they'd struggle.

Just before kick off for one home game this season, there was no ring of fire played and just silence instead. The crowd didn't make much noise or raise the atmosphere themselves in the gap between the the music ending and kick off, (think it was the PL theme tune and then no more music until kick off) - therefore to presume that a natural atmosphere would develop to the same level as the one created with this tune being played is wrong.

A lot of people just don't bother and are more than happy to sit there in silence, however they will be more likely to join in to something stadium wide like Ring of fire being played than a song being started by a small section of the crowd in another stand (which also adds a timing issue where different parts of the ground hear it later and starting joining in but are behind other stands, meaning it's out of sync, especially as difference sections tend to sing at different speeds, etc)

How many other songs and chants do you get the whole ground joining in at the same time? (if you exclude the music led ring of fire?) maybe GOSBTS (which is also prompted / led by music as the teams come out which is the only times the whole ground joins in) and.............what else? and what naturally without music prompting? (occasionally Seagulls or Albion? but that is about it)

Besides, we've done pretty well on the pitch since it was introduced, so what's the harm?

Lush

Mods' Pet
I like the scarf waving. Agree re Praise You. Also we need better Fanzone cameras, whatever the issue with is re control of the cameras in the stadium/Sky TV etc. Bit bored of seeing the same faces as filmed by the guy with the handheld camera pitch side, while kids frantically wave their flags in the Upper East or SWC.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes, love it, as do the kids!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Just before kick off for one home game this season, there was no ring of fire played and just silence instead. The crowd didn't make much noise or raise the atmosphere themselves in the gap between the the music ending and kick off, (think it was the PL theme tune and then no more music until kick off) - therefore to presume that a natural atmosphere would develop to the same level as the one created with this tune being played is wrong.

It was the Man United game 19th Aug, because we'd just had a minutes applause for two deceased old players. Playing Ring of Fire after that, would be crass.
Atmosphere or not, we won.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Can't we have something on the basis of a 'silent disco' where (safety inspected) headphones are dished out, and those wishing to participate in the non-spontaneous programmed twirling can do so at their will?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Yep. Part and parcel now after several years.

The real travesty is the club dropping Praise You from the post match playlist for no reason whatsoever.

This. Such a shame Praise You has gone, loved hearing that after a hard fought win.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Why exactly do we need ANY music once GOSBTS has finished? I just don’t get why the crowd atmosphere build up is now nullified by music and videos, can’t fans be left to just soak up or make the pre match atmosphere. I kind of get the need to entertain people in the half hour or so before the players run out but do the club, and quite a few fans it seems, really think we need rarr rarring just before kick off by playing music right up until the ref blows his whistle.

Agree, what would be better is once we finished the last chorus to GOSBTS (as we have everyones attention) we all sing "All together now, Good old Sussex by the sea etc" like we used to in the old North Stand at the Goldstone, everyone has their hands up for it and clap along, now that would be something.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree, what would be better is once we finished the last chorus to GOSBTS (as we have everyones attention) we all sing "All together now, Good old Sussex by the sea etc" like we used to in the old North Stand at the Goldstone, everyone has their hands up for it and clap along, now that would be something.

This clapping, would that be normal tempo, quick or the usual super-mega rapid?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here