Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Spain

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Didn't see the Shaw collision, but that they've not shown a replay is a worry.

Fingers crossed for him - he's just been showing signs of fulfilling his potential, and it was a fine through ball for Rashford's goal.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
My heart is saddened by this injury. He has had a torrid time personally and professionally for a number of years. You wouldn’t wish that on your worst enemy. Hope he’s OK.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands

Fingers crossed for him - he's just been showing signs of fulfilling his potential, and it was a fine through ball for Rashford's goal.

Looked like he might have been unconscious (or on the way) when he fell and then landed head first on the ground - Hopefully concussion and nothing more - the lad deserves some luck.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Certainly not a lucky player is he?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
My heart is saddened by this injury. He has had a torrid time personally and professionally for a number of years. You wouldn’t wish that on your worst enemy. Hope he’s OK.

It annoys me when people call him injury prone, None of his long term injuries have been his body breaking down.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Passing out of defence is shocking

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Spain in this game have applied a frantic high press in numbers, causing that.

I wonder how the very best football teams (France, Belgium, Real Madrid), counter that?

They are better at passing, finding space, running off the ball, and have been brought up playing that way

That’s all

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
England look dreadful. Completely outclassed.as suspected the absolute rubbish they beat in the world cup has papered over the cracks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
England look dreadful. Completely outclassed.as suspected the absolute rubbish they beat in the world cup has papered over the cracks

We’re not quick enough in thought or action.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Just as I wouldn't get too carried away by our semi final appearance I wouldn't get too dismayed by losing (currently narrowly) against Spain

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

We're much better than (miserable) fans thought before the WC, but we're no way in the world's top 4. Even Belgium's reserves were better than us in the WC.

A cliche, but we still lack that instinctive creator in CM, who could run games. Gazza was the last.

Conversely, Spain have so much talent in depth and are far better than schadenfreude English fans thought in writing them off in the summer as has-beens.

About 10th would be my guess.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here