Status
Not open for further replies.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45451518

I’m sure no one wishes this horrible condition on anyone but once again Lawrenson shows that he hates the Albion by just talking about having skin cancer, the skill and dedication of the NHS team treating him, the soul searching about what to tell his children but not once in the article does he mention he used to play for us.

It’s very disrespectful of him, nay even hurtful.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I’m sure no one wishes this horrible condition on anyone but once again Lawrenson shows that he hates the Albion by just talking about having skin cancer, the skill and dedication of the NHS team treating him, the soul searching about what to tell his children but not once in the article does he mention he used to play for us.

Bollocks is it disrespectful. At what point is he supposed to have thought ‘I must pander to the sensitivities of a few snowflake Brighton fans when commenting on my life threatening illness...’ ?

Good luck to the fella and hope he is in the clear.

If I’ve been whooshed, I don’t give a ****. My 42 year old sister is in a hospice dying of cancer. If it’s an attempt at humour, hang your head in utter shame.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I know you're joking , but I'm with Lawrenson 100% on this. When I was diagnosed with (a usually incurable form of) cancer in 1987 I didn't rush round telling everybody about my love of the Albion either.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yep, he never misses an opportunity to bang on about the PRESTON nhs trust, once again distancing himself from us. Mentions Ormskirk in the article, which everyone knows is near New BRIGHTON but that’s also missing in what is clearly a flagrant attempt to forget his time on the south coast by choosing to have the operation in LIVERPOOL :nono:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
My good mate died in the martlets year before last. This is his sort of joke. Funny without making you laugh.
Sorry to hear about your sister dazzer. A very hard time for all involved

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yep, he never misses an opportunity to bang on about the PRESTON nhs trust, once again distancing himself from us. Mentions Ormskirk in the article, which everyone knows is near New BRIGHTON but that’s also missing in what is clearly a flagrant attempt to forget his time on the south coast by choosing to have the operation in LIVERPOOL :nono:

Is this humour? If so its in poor taste...if its not humour...then its trash

Just as an aside I had a similar situation on my right calf.....gets bit serious when they put you in touch with a Macmillan nurse

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Inappropriate post. FFS.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bollocks is it disrespectful. At what point is he supposed to have thought ‘I must pander to the sensitivities of a few snowflake Brighton fans when commenting on my life threatening illness...’ ?

If I’ve been whooshed, I don’t give a ****. My 42 year old sister is in a hospice dying of cancer. If it’s an attempt at humour, hang your head in utter shame.

It is an absurd post. The ex albion leg is ill, and he has always backed us but some on NSC (me included, in error) thought he hadn't and some utter arse starts a thread mocking people on NSC who mistakenly think he....you get the drift. Worst thread of the year and given some of the tomfoolery and tomyittery on here, that's saying something.

Get well Lawro. x

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It is an absurd post. The ex albion leg is ill, and he has always backed us but some on NSC (me included, in error) thought he hadn't and some utter arse starts a thread mocking people on NSC who mistakenly think he....you get the drift. Worst thread of the year and given some of the tomfoolery and tomyittery on here, that's saying something.

Get well Lauro. x

Agreed. He’s a mod, or ex-mod isn’t he ? Should know better. Very, very poor. Worse than the stuff the Nigels post on here.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not an inappropriate post, simply a dig at Brighton fans who oddly find a reason to have a pop at Lawrenson where there is next to no evidence that he doesn't like us.

When I got into my late 20s, early 30s I found my skin started to burn. I often found on a beach (just got back from a round trip of Spain), but go out of my way to stop my skin being exposed to directly to the sun without being protected.

Having had family members who have suffered the same, I can't believe people who simply lie there letting their skin barbecue.

Lawro does appear a bit perma tan at times. It isn't a good look and I have a chuckle at people who say "how well you look" when you get a bit of colour after returning home.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

There won’t be one person on NSC whos not sorry to hear that but you’ve got the wrong of the stick / lashing out unfairly in the wrong direction. Not that people won’t understand. You’ve every right to feel angry about cancer, we’ve all lost loved ones to it. However don’t take offence where none’s given as is the case here. Comedy is for many, the only coping mechanism as Rachel Bland so bravely demonstrated this past week.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There won’t be one person on NSC whos not sorry to hear that but you’ve got the wrong of the stick / lashing out unfairly in the wrong direction. Not that people won’t understand. You’ve every right to feel angry about cancer, we’ve all lost loved ones to it. However don’t take offence where none’s given as is the case here. Comedy is for many, the only coping mechanism as Rachel Bland so bravely demonstrated this past week.

Disagree.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I know what the OP is trying to say but I don't think it worked. Perhaps delete and start again?

Personally, I am disappointed Lawrenson doesn't seem to have the love for the club that we do, but he remains a former player (and he didn't play for them) and so I won't disrespect him. I wish him luck with his treatment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know what the OP is trying to say but I don't think it worked. Perhaps delete and start again?

Personally, I am disappointed Lawrenson doesn't seem to have the love for the club that we do, but he remains a former player (and he didn't play for them) and so I won't disrespect him. I wish him luck with his treatment.

Apparently this is a silly comment. You can find out why by trawling NSC.

I understand the 'humour' of the OP but it is far too nuanced for NSC and requires much better craftsmanship for it not to read like a load of what-the****ery.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Is this humour? If so its in poor taste...if its not humour...then its trash

Just as an aside I had a similar situation on my right calf.....gets bit serious when they put you in touch with a Macmillan nurse

Please don’t start moralising and taking offence when clearly none has been intended. Your anger is completely misplaced and more than a bit offensive if that evens things up? Plenty of people deal with serious issues like Cancer using comedy even if you don’t. It’s ok to laugh in the face of fear, as the BBC presenter so courageously showed this past week.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Not on this occasion. It was the first I'd heard he'd been ill, and I'm sure I'm not alone. The OP was being Mr Clever Cloggs finger on the pulse and very witty to boot. Alas......we all need to know Lawro is OK first before we can embrace the joke. I had to scrabble around various websites....

Consider, Rachael Bland - the lengths one goes to avoid having to make small talk with that arse Chris Evans. Funny? Not really.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Disagree.

In fairness, and you’ll have to take it from me as someone who’s impartial, but you lashed out unfairly / got the wrong end of the stick. There are millions of people suffering from cancer tonight and trust me, not one person is laughing at them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had a similar kind of scare to Lawro about 10 years ago.

I had a small dark mark on the side of my face, under the skin, about the size of the O you are looking at there. I thought little of it, but my sister went booloo and said I needed to get it checked out. I went to the docs, he couldn't determine for sure, so he referred me on to Brighton General for an appointment with the dermotologist. He took a sample of it with what was kind of like a tiny cookie cutter, but it was that small that it actually removed the whole thing from my cheek. He said it would be sent away for analysis and I'd get the results in a couple of weeks (I had a plaster applied over it in the meantime). This happened to be the day before we flew out to Egypt on a family holiday.

Anyway, I was conscious of it over the whole two weeks we were away, and of course it played on my mind. We arrived home, and in amongst the pile of post, was a letter from Brighton General. I don't mind saying, opening that envelope, my buttcheeks were clenched tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm. But it turned out that all it was, was an ingrowing hair follicle. And in taking that sample, they had removed it from my cheek. To this day when I get tanned, I still have a small light patch where they dug it out. But it serves as a reminder to get this shit checked out. It might be nothing, as it was with me. But it might be something. So give yourself a chance of snorting it.

Anyway. I became a grandad for the first time today. I'm just....oh man. I can't even

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here