Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 80’s Music

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Posted this on several muso threads. FFS. What an amazing unsung track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbLL5mekc34

Actually that's it for me.I'll post a more recent re recording if I can find t. Stunning song. Stunningly sung.

Last edited:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
When there's no live football on the radio, my station of choice when I'm cooking is Absolute 80s - I just can't see the 90s or any decade after being as interesting (although the yoof will disagree I'm sure).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When there's no live football on the radio, my station of choice when I'm cooking is Absolute 80s - I just can't see the 90s or any decade after being as interesting (although the yoof will disagree I'm sure).

I love a lot of music from all eras, but the 80's tops the lot for me. I put this down to being in my late teens and twenties then .... I suspect that most music-loving people have fond musical memories of that age in their lives.

With an personal opinion that the era 1976 to 1990 contained so much new music, entirely new genre, innovation, with loads of creative kids and producers getting a foothold in the industry despite having no formal background.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
How you can put 'Sussudio' in the same pile as 'Safety Dance' baffles me... Phil Collins knocked out some bangers in the 80's!! .

Some people like to have a pop at Phil Collins either because they genuinely don't like his music (that's fine) or because they jump on the "bashing Phil Collins is cool" band wagon. He is probably one of the most diverse artists there is. His second album "Hello I must be going" is a seriously dark and angry album. If people bought it because they liked the covered song "you can't hurry love" they would be really disappointed.

But hey ho, haters hate.

This is appropriate

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I think I may have been misconstrued? I was sticking up for Phil Collins! Excellent songwriter, performer, singer and drummer in my opinion - but hey, we're all different and all that. If you don't like him, that's fine with me too.

I was alluding to Safety Dance as one of the most ridiculous songs of the 80's. Stupid lyrics, annoying melody. Even the video, a group of hippies poncing around a muddy country lane dressed as Dick Whittington with some dwarves dressed as Jesters skipping about if I remember correctly. Do what?! Sounds like a good night out on paper though, mind you....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here