Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Recruitment policy - "No Dickheads"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Will comfortably assume that this policy was introduced AFTER the date we signed a certain Mr. Knockaert.
WTF? He just isn't. He's passionate and gets carried away, but don't mistake that for him not being a team player, he is.

Do you remember when he got injured against Massive, ignored his injury to come back and lead our team's fantastic performance in the second leg?

:rolleyes:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
WTF? He just isn't. He's passionate and gets carried away, but don't mistake that for him not being a team player, he is.

Do you remember when he got injured against Massive, ignored his injury to come back and lead our team's fantastic performance in the second leg?

Agreed. Never confuse passion with being a dickhead.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Lets be honest, most young males can be dick-heads. Obviously I wasn't but if I was paid £1k-£60k a week I probably would have been.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Lets be honest, most young males can be dick-heads. Obviously I wasn't but if I was paid £1k-£60k a week I probably would have been.

I'm nearly 50 and I can promise you if someone gave me 60K a week I would take dickheadedness to Biblical proportions, Old Testament at that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Young and rich, its a miracle that more of them aren't dickheads really. Now we are in the P/L we have done well to mostly avoid the dickhead modern footballer so far. Barber's P/L Ready is failing in this respect, it's the one thing other clubs seem to have in abundance.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Exactly. I'd always take someone who cares too much, like AK, over someone who doesn't care at all like, say, Leon Best. I'm going to assume this rule wasn't in place when we got Best in on loan but Knockaert genuinely cares and feels like "one of us".

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Can be mardy and petulant on the pitch (mostly because he cares) but suspect he's popular in the dressing room, and he busts a gut for the team. Doesn't make him a dickhead in this context.

I know a few people who have hung about with current Brighton players through mutual friends.

All of them who have met Knockaert have thought he was an insufferable bellend in person. However the fact he’s out with a load of different squad members at different times suggests a lot of the squad at least tolerate him.

Make of that what you will.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know a few people who have hung about with current Brighton players through mutual friends.

All of them who have met Knockaert have thought he was an insufferable bellend in person. However the fact he’s out with a load of different squad members at different times suggests a lot of the squad at least tolerate him.

Suspect he's pretty much stopped from acting like a bellend, or at least slapped down very quickly, when he's with the squad - can't imagine the likes of Dunk, Murray or Stephens tolerating and bellendery from him (or anyone else for that matter). Wouldn't be at all surprised if he acts like a cock outside of the club environment though. Doesn't change the context of what Ryan is saying.........bet loads of us know people who are dickheads at work but not outside, or vice versa.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

I think knocky is the necessary little shit of the Brighton family.
All the other players bond over having to keep an eye on him.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
All of them who have met Knockaert have thought he was an insufferable bellend in person.

I too love his passion on the pitch. He cares. He loves to win, and clearly loves BHAFC - and that makes him much less of a supposed bell-nosh in my eyes. Nothing like a bit of passion when pulling on the shirt.

He's short, and he's French though - give him a break. Apparently Napoleon was also a dick, somewhat hit and miss against British defences, but got through quite a few. :lolol:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Wait, that's 4 degrees of seperation. Your friend, their friend, the player who is the friends friend, then AK.

How on earth can you think you know someone well enough to call them a bellend when they are a teammate of a friend of a friend of a friend.

Honestly I think that is so weak it's probably not worth sharing.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Wait, that's 4 degrees of seperation. Your friend, their friend, the player who is the friends friend, then AK.

How on earth can you think you know someone well enough to call them a bellend when they are a teammate of a friend of a friend of a friend.

Honestly I think that is so weak it's probably not worth sharing.

It’s staggering that you have bothered to sign up for an Internet forum; a text based medium, who you seem to lack the ability to read and comprehend a fairly simple post.

If you ignore the fact I never personally called him a bellend then the only problem with your post is you’ve pulled the 4 degrees of separation bit out of your f*cking arse.

Apart from that, 10/10. Great post. Top marks.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
According to Maty that has been the policy over the last few transfer windows.

I do hope that doesn't give Bozza ideas, I'd be on the second bus outta here.

I'm sure there is caveat in there... most professional footballers seem to be dickheads when compared to the rest of the population!

We are not immune to having a few in our squad... However, when you compare our dickheads against the population subset of professional footballers, then actually the policy seems to be broadly working. Ours aren't too dickish!

Shouldn't it be a BHAFC bell cheesery recruitment policy?

el punal

Will comfortably assume that this policy was introduced AFTER the date we signed a certain Mr. Knockaert.

I don’t think you’ll be getting a Christmas card from a certain Mr.Knockaert. He may throw his toys out of the pram every now and then but I don’t think he’s reached the dick head category yet. Having said that, were you one of the lads that was slagging him off outside the ground after the Watford game?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
AK is no bellend. His twatery is confined to emotional strops and over-egging the pud sometimes. Bit of a class clown, attention seeking, maybe a whiff of Napoleon complex, but full on 'bell end'? No. We all love to see him on a run and he plays his heart out most games. The players get to know him for what he is and obviously bond with him despite any disposition he has.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
According to Maty that has been the policy over the last few transfer windows.

I do hope that doesn't give Bozza ideas, I'd be on the second bus outta here.

I am assuming you mean our Bozza, and you, the dickhead (in a good attempt at self-effacing humour).

Either I have just whooshed myself or you have whoosed the entirity of NSC (bar moi). :whistle::facepalm::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm nearly 50 and I can promise you if someone gave me 60K a week I would take dickheadedness to Biblical proportions, Old Testament at that.

I'm 60, and if I were on 60K a week it would be my beneficiaries who would be drinking Krug out of someone clevage (or civilised middle class equivalent) while I listened to a commentary on radio 5.

While soaking in a massive bath of hot steaming gin and tonic, with two ladyboys and an arm full of heroin.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bit of a open goal, but I'll ask anyway:-

What would be our near neighbours recruitment policy, in 2 words?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here