Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] UEFA Nations League?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone else just boooooooed the telly when bellotti just came on for Italia?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Its a bit convoluted, but overall I'm definitely in favour of it. Anything that replaces totally meaningless friendlies can only be a good thing.

The one flaw I can see is that if you're out of the running for the Playoffs, there's actually more of an incentive to get relegated, as you'll be assured of an easier group the next time round. So if we get to the last game or two, and one of the teams is already out of the running for a Playoff spot, it would make more sense to make sure you finish bottom, get relegated, and secure an easier draw the next time round. Countries getting 'promoted' is a double-edged sword. You get a shot in the Playoffs, but you've only gone and made it harder for yourself to qualify next time round by moving up a division.

But other than that, it looks alright so far. The games over the weekend have definitely had more edge to them.

Edit- ignore :)

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I’ve now decided it’s a great completion, Scotland have a 100% win record and have never conceded a goal in it. A much better record than their neighbours.......

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Stunning comeback from Turkey last night from 2-0 down to win 3-2 in the 93rd minute away to Sweden.

They could be a team to keep an eye on, especially in the attacking area with class players in Cengiz Under, Cenk Tosun, Hakan Calhanoglu, Ikay Gundògan and Serdar Akbaba.

Iceland look like a team that have hit the ceiling. Qualifying for tournaments may not happen for them again for a long time after a golden era.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
3/1 Betfred treble tonight of:

ENGLAND to beat Switzerland.
BELGIUM to beat Iceland.
SPAIN to beat Croatia.

Add POLAND to beat the shambolic R of I and its around 5/1.

Yankees to win at the Twins is basically buying money tonight as well, that'll make it 8/1.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Spain look to have the group wrapped up after their 6-0 win. Best result we could have hoped for tonight to finish second.

Could Luxembourg do the impossible and qualify for the Euro's? Another convincing win away to San Marino after thrashing Moldova at the weekend. They're not a bad side when I saw the well-taken goals at half-time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here