Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Legend for English cricket would be very appropriate for Cook

Magnificent innings

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What a way to go out.

C’mon. How many were like me a wishing him to get one last ton? Fairytale ending - thanks Alistair.
I was just hoping for a 50

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He should retire more often.

Can't be many players who have a ton in their first test innings and their last - apart from Andy Ganteaume :laugh:

EDIT: I was mistaken, Cook didn't get his first ton in his first innings but his second. That's scuppered that idea

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Absolute scenes. Magnificent stuff...what a way to finish a brilliant career. Well played Chef.

Partnership up to 175, great chance to grind India into the dust today now.......declare sometime after tea having set them 400+

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Listened to TMS for the century, I'm sure I heard them say Cook is the only man to score a century and half-century in his first and last tests.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He should retire more often.

Can't be many players who have a ton in their first test innings and their last - apart from Andy Ganteaume :laugh:

EDIT: I was mistaken, Cook didn't get his first ton in his first innings but his second. That's scuppered that idea

First and last MATCHES - Reggie Duff, Bill Ponsford, Greg Chappell and Mohammad Azharuddin: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cr...965a733f23700661fbe06d&pinned_post_type=share

The funny thing is, had Jennings made a century today rather than being dismissed for his usual paltry number, he'd probably have joined that very same club.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Listening to TMS but also watching Cricinfo and it is gratifying to see the back of the twattish Indian Posters who seem to have taken a vow of silence this morning... :bigwave:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bravo Cook! A class act from the very first test to the very last.

This innings shows that he still has the technique and that so much of the game is all in the mind. By taking the pressure off himself he's been world class, and it's great to see Root with him at the other end.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Listening to TMS but also watching Cricinfo and it is gratifying to see the back of the twattish Indian Posters who seem to have taken a vow of silence this morning... :bigwave:

So it is not just me who has swerved that side due to the little snide creeps...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The funny thing is, had Jennings made a century today rather than being dismissed for his usual paltry number, he'd probably have joined that very same club.

Good spot. With 42 wickets falling in the county game this morning at 18 runs apiece Jennings' place in the test squad may continue beyond this series. Personally, I'd rather Michael Keaton or Pat Jennings open, rather than this Bok goon.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Good spot. With 42 wickets falling in the county game this morning at 18 runs apiece Jennings' place in the test squad may continue beyond this series. Personally, I'd rather Michael Keaton or Pat Jennings open, rather than this Bok goon.

Surely Buster Keaton or Anthony Buckridge's Jennings would have better comedic value?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Surely Buster Keaton or Anthony Buckridge's Jennings would have better comedic value?

Waylon Jennings and Diane Keaton? Maybe even Alastair Campbell and Sue Cook.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here