Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] University of Brighton

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Does this mean that as I have a relative at the top table at the Uni I may get VIP treatment ��

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wonder if this partnership will eventually lead to some sort of joint construction project replacing some of the University buildings by the West Stand. It consists of the very dated Ringmer House, some ugly prefabs with only temporary planning consent and a tired looking teaching block. All that land would be much less contentious to build on that the land behind the East Stand.

Short answer: Yes according to a documented vision produced 3 or 4 years ago.

However this was very much long term thinking (2040/2050).

This was the model:
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/sport/

Plans would be to sell off all the Eastbourne estate (in wealthy Meads) and build a new facility elsewhere in the town on cheap land to house some courses but anything sports or events related would be relocated to Falmer.

Halls of residence would be demolished on the Falmer campus to make way for an Olympic sized swimming pool and velodrome etc. New academic buildings would replace the 3 closest (60’s or temp) buildings to the Amex.

This would create an area of outstanding sporting excellence alongside the Sports & Enterprise Academy, Racket Club/Virgin Gym and Football club. Perhaps even a partnership with Sussex Uni similar to Brighton & Sussex Medical School would result? Certainly there would be scores of new jobs, new businesses and money invested in the city.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here