Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Vaping

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I used to come home from our local stinking of stale tobacco - they now allow vaping.

Now I smell of creme hazelnut with a hint of raspberry and mint. I can tolerate that.

I used to come home from the pub smelling of the working classes. Then they invented overpriced and pretentious craft beer bars.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They invented overpriced and pretentious craft beer bars.

And the rest as they say, is history.

Had a nice quince and raspberry Weiss by Marble in Beer dispensary last Saturday btw HT.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And the rest as they say, is history.

Had a nice quince and raspberry Weiss by Marble in Beer dispensary last Saturday btw HT.

:smile: I saw they had a lot of Marble beers on at the weekend. I had planned to make it over to BBD post Fulham but we stopped by The Albert who had a Burning Sky birthday takeover (back room by the stairs and upstairs gig venue were given over to Burning Sky) which was excellent. Didn’t move from there until very late.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
9 months today.
Now down to 2Mg Nicotine.

Will be going Nic-free by the end of the year.

No interest in a cigarette since (inc in times of high stress (Albion))

Not sure if it's doing any harm to my lungs but feel certain it's extending my life compared to a 10-a-day habit.

I use a pen rather than a mod so very limited 'vapour'.

Last edited:

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I know of people who have never smoked in their lives but have taken up vaping because of the flavours....that can't be good!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I got totally addicted to my vape to a far greater extent than cigarettes, everyone was fed up of me chuffing on it all the time, understandably. I broke it on holiday and got very angry without it, even cigarettes couldn't fill the void. That's when I figured it needed to change.

I now use Iqos I can actually 'treat it like a cigarette', and it's much more like having a cigarette than vaping. I feel a lot better for it.

Regardless of the unknown health risks, I wouldn't advise anyone to start vaping if you don't have a good amount of self-discipline.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I'm thinking of finally taking the plunge into vaping but I am looking for something that I can use eliquid and dry herbs. I also don't want to break the bank getting one lol
I am currently looking at Vapour2 PRO Series 3 Vape Pen, but any other recommendations will be greatly appreciated :)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Vaping clearly is helping a lot of people quit smoking which is great for their own health, their families, their bank balances and any passive smokers around them. As long as they pay for their own (instead of paying for cigarettes) rather than burden the NHS with the cost as some MPs are suggesting, they seem to be a success story. However I also think vaping should be and remain treated like smoking as a potential passive risk to others and just as anti-social as the sweet smells can be very unpleasant to others and the sometimes thick acrid clouds of smoke can be as bad as cigarette smoke to non smokers like me.

Worst are those vaping cannabis flavour smoke/steam.

Still needs banning generally from indoor spaces as the steam stinks, regardless of the effluent it contains.

Not so much zero tolerance......maybe the vapers could just be a bit more considerate. Vape where you’d smoke perhaps ? You’re still blowing great clouds of sickly-smelling (second hand) air out that others might not want to experience. A lot of vapers seem to think as they’re not smoking they can ignore restrictions - definitely a couple in WSL most match days for starters..........

Junior’s summer job is working in a place that bottles the stuff for sale - he REEKS when he gets home [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Gave up the fags over 10 years ago after 40 years of smoking after a cancer scare. Went cold turkey but best thing I ever did. I find these vape things more intrusive that old cigarette smoke - the clouds just billow everywhere. Whilst fag smoke probably occupies an equivalent area, at least you don’t see it.

This is an etiquette or nuisance issue rather than a public health issue though, isn't it?

How safe is e-cig vapour?

Smoking e-cigarettes, also known as vaping, doesn't produce tobacco smoke so the risks of passive smoking with conventional cigarettes don't apply to e-cigs.

Research into this area is ongoing, but it seems that e-cigs release negligible amounts of nicotine into the atmosphere and the limited evidence available suggests that any risk from passive vaping to bystanders is small relative to tobacco cigarettes.

In England, the Government has no plans to ban vaping indoors (although some employers have banned them in the workplace) but some health professionals recommend avoiding using them around pregnant women, babies and children.​

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/quit-smoking/passive-smoking-protect-your-family-and-friends/

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is an etiquette or nuisance issue rather than a public health issue though, isn't it?

How safe is e-cig vapour?

Smoking e-cigarettes, also known as vaping, doesn't produce tobacco smoke so the risks of passive smoking with conventional cigarettes don't apply to e-cigs.

Research into this area is ongoing, but it seems that e-cigs release negligible amounts of nicotine into the atmosphere and the limited evidence available suggests that any risk from passive vaping to bystanders is small relative to tobacco cigarettes.

In England, the Government has no plans to ban vaping indoors (although some employers have banned them in the workplace) but some health professionals recommend avoiding using them around pregnant women, babies and children.​

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/quit-smoking/passive-smoking-protect-your-family-and-friends/

Let's hope so..........it's still very early days in terms of potential long term effects on health though. My comments was definitely more aimed at nuisance rather than health - I don't want to have to walk through or breathe in someone else's sickly-sweet second hand exhaled air any more than I'd expect them to want to smell my farts.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I had my last roll up the day Burnley scored right at the death and I think it was the same game that Barton stamped on Beram so nearly 2.5 years ago now! Another for menthol vaping here, I like the cold hit and will never smoke a cigarette again!

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Was never a heavy smoker, maybe 4-5 a day, unless at weekends where it'd probably be 15+. Got a vape on Monday as I exercise a lot and can really notice it in my chest after a heavy weekend on the fags.

Has anyone noticed considerable difference exercising after stopping smoking and starting vaping? I

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Nearly 6 years ago for me.
Woke up one morning, threw my baccy in the bin and stopped. Didn't bother with gum, patches or vaping, just stopped, and I don't miss it in the slightest.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Vaping clearly is helping a lot of people quit smoking which is great for their own health, their families, their bank balances and any passive smokers around them. As long as they pay for their own (instead of paying for cigarettes) rather than burden the NHS with the cost as some MPs are suggesting, they seem to be a success story. However I also think vaping should be and remain treated like smoking as a potential passive risk to others and just as anti-social as the sweet smells can be very unpleasant to others and the sometimes thick acrid clouds of smoke can be as bad as cigarette smoke to non smokers like me.

I'm an ex-smoker, but I agree. Even the smell of most vapes now makes me feel quite sick. There was a guy vaping in the North Stand (quite centrally, about 15 odd rows back) at Fulham and I imagine some found it both a tad selfish and a tad unpleasant in the middle of a game with a big cloud of smelly smoke just appearing out of some guy's mouth.

Still, I suppose it's better than smoking.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Was never a heavy smoker, maybe 4-5 a day, unless at weekends where it'd probably be 15+. Got a vape on Monday as I exercise a lot and can really notice it in my chest after a heavy weekend on the fags.

Has anyone noticed considerable difference exercising after stopping smoking and starting vaping? I

I noticed a considerable difference after I stopped smoking - I got FAT!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Nearly 6 years ago for me.
Woke up one morning, threw my baccy in the bin and stopped. Didn't bother with gum, patches or vaping, just stopped, and I don't miss it in the slightest.

It's easy giving up smoking, I've done it loads of times. I've always only managed a month or so at best, sometimes only a day. I've tried cold turkey, gum, patches, inhalers and the e-cigs you can buy in the Spar or Nisa but having the proper equipment seems like the real deal. It really feels like I'm never going back to the fags.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
It's easy giving up smoking, I've done it loads of times. I've always only managed a month or so at best, sometimes only a day. I've tried cold turkey, gum, patches, inhalers and the e-cigs you can buy in the Spar or Nisa but having the proper equipment seems like the real deal. It really feels like I'm never going back to the fags.

Everyone is obviously very different, but for me it was simply the willpower of not wanting to smoke that made me quit. But when you really think about, the money saved, your health, the smell of your clothes and stunk on your breath......I genuinely don't know why I smoked in the first place as there's absolutely no benefit to it at all.
Some of these vaping things that people smoke outside work are truly vile though. We had to ban one scent as it was giving everyone banging headaches. The sickly smells are often worse than the smell of smoke.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Everyone is obviously very different, but for me it was simply the willpower of not wanting to smoke that made me quit. But when you really think about, the money saved, your health, the smell of your clothes and stunk on your breath......I genuinely don't know why I smoked in the first place as there's absolutely no benefit to it at all.
Some of these vaping things that people smoke outside work are truly vile though. We had to ban one scent as it was giving everyone banging headaches. The sickly smells are often worse than the smell of smoke.

You banned vaping outside work?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here