Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Vaping

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I gave up the oily rags and took up vaping instead six months ago. I was a heavy smoker but haven't had a cigarette since. Has anybody else had any success in this regard?

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
2 years come October, on 3% vape oil now.

I'm on 6mg and mix my own. I'm vaping chocolate/hazelnut/cream and apple/peach/strawberry at the moment. It's been quite an epiphany for me.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
2012 I stopped for the vape. Still do it, I enjoy it. If it kills me so be it, be dead now I think if I continued smoking. Not one ciggy since 2012. As with [MENTION=1840]liverpool_one[/MENTION] only ever done triple menthol.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Vaping clearly is helping a lot of people quit smoking which is great for their own health, their families, their bank balances and any passive smokers around them. As long as they pay for their own (instead of paying for cigarettes) rather than burden the NHS with the cost as some MPs are suggesting, they seem to be a success story. However I also think vaping should be and remain treated like smoking as a potential passive risk to others and just as anti-social as the sweet smells can be very unpleasant to others and the sometimes thick acrid clouds of smoke can be as bad as cigarette smoke to non smokers like me.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I gave up the oily rags and took up vaping instead six months ago. I was a heavy smoker but haven't had a cigarette since. Has anybody else had any success in this regard?

Gave up a while back using vaping as my crutch, havnt succumbed once to going back to fags, not even one puff whilst ive been surrounded by other smokers on a boozy night out.
Fortunate in that respect it has been relatively easy for me, others may understandably struggle given opportunistic circumstances.
It is a great aid to quitting, would recommend it to anyone who is serious about packing in the fags who has failed before and not considered vaping as an aid.
It’s a shame there seem to be people with zero tolerance to it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Gave up a while back using vaping as my crutch, havnt succumbed once to going back to fags, not even one puff whilst ive been surrounded by other smokers on a boozy night out.
Fortunate in that respect it has been relatively easy for me, others may understandably struggle given opportunistic circumstances.
It is a great aid to quitting, would recommend it to anyone who is serious about packing in the fags who has failed before and not considered vaping as an aid.
It’s a shame there seem to be people with zero tolerance to it.

Not so much zero tolerance......maybe the vapers could just be a bit more considerate. Vape where you’d smoke perhaps ? You’re still blowing great clouds of sickly-smelling (second hand) air out that others might not want to experience. A lot of vapers seem to think as they’re not smoking they can ignore restrictions - definitely a couple in WSL most match days for starters..........

Junior’s summer job is working in a place that bottles the stuff for sale - he REEKS when he gets home [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
sometimes thick acrid clouds of smoke.

Some of the people I see vaping are surrounded in so much smoke it’s like they’ve just stepped through the doors of Stars in Their Eyes. Can’t be good for you but obviously much better than cigarettes.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Vaping clearly is helping a lot of people quit smoking which is great for their own health, their families, their bank balances and any passive smokers around them. As long as they pay for their own (instead of paying for cigarettes) rather than burden the NHS with the cost as some MPs are suggesting, they seem to be a success story.

I would generally agree with this, you choose to smoke (like i did) so you should take the responsibility yourself to quit( like i did).
The taxpayer should not, in general, be burdened as a matter of course, for non smoking aids for those that want to quit.

But...........

If you are an individual who has tried and tried to quit but still fails for some reason, and can prove they have made a concerted effort......is it so dreadful the state steps in under these circumstances to lend assistance?
The state steps in via the NHS to help those who for whatever reason cant help themselves in a multitude of areas.......why should smoking be so different if the primary aim is welfare and well-being?.....sounds a bit two tier and judgemental to deny help across the board

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Not so much zero tolerance......maybe the vapers could just be a bit more considerate. Vape where you’d smoke perhaps ? You’re still blowing great clouds of sickly-smelling (second hand) air out that others might not want to experience. A lot of vapers seem to think as they’re not smoking they can ignore restrictions - definitely a couple in WSL most match days for starters..........

Junior’s summer job is working in a place that bottles the stuff for sale - he REEKS when he gets home [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I agree, i only vape according to the smoking rules,i dont vape in a pub or restaurant, i dont vape in someones house or car thinking i am somehow exempt because they are not fags.
Was just saying there are some who have taken on the mentality of zero tolerance to it like smoking, when it is a good aid to quitting

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Gave up the fags over 10 years ago after 40 years of smoking after a cancer scare. Went cold turkey but best thing I ever did. I find these vape things more intrusive that old cigarette smoke - the clouds just billow everywhere. Whilst fag smoke probably occupies an equivalent area, at least you don’t see it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Worst are those vaping cannabis flavour smoke/steam.

Still needs banning generally from indoor spaces as the steam stinks, regardless of the effluent it contains.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not so much zero tolerance......maybe the vapers could just be a bit more considerate. Vape where you’d smoke perhaps ? You’re still blowing great clouds of sickly-smelling (second hand) air out that others might not want to experience. ]

I used to come home from our local stinking of stale tobacco - they now allow vaping.

Now I smell of creme hazelnut with a hint of raspberry and mint. I can tolerate that.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Every e cig I've tried gives me hiccups when drinking and eventually they end up in the bin [emoji19]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here