Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] ‘Story’ songs

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
One of the songs on loop when I was a kid thanks to my mum being blissfully unaware of The Nose's sexuality.

Or the ridiculously kitchy Bermuda Triangle. (It makes people disappear, you know)

There is, of course, the ultimate swingers song.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The worst song EVER

I mean it - EVER.

There has never been music written, placed on wax cylinder, gramophone, cassette, midi disc, tape, compact disc or on-line that is even close to being as bad is this steaming pile of shithouseary.

I take your utter toilet of a song and raise you Galway Girl by Ed Sheeran.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
From the same genius

Popped up on Spotify shuffle yesterday. Suspect even when he wrote it in the early noughties (I think post 9/11) the lyrics and themes would have caused controversy but feel Earle is not the sort of guy who would give a f*ck about that.

FYI he mentioned on Wednesday that he gets some criticism that his last album wasn't very political. He pointed out that that was because he wrote the songs before the election and he didn't expect that #$#$ to win. His next album is to be all Guy Clark covers, then he's bringing out one in early 2020 that will be aimed squarely at Trump. He won't, of course, pull any punches.

Got to meet him after the show. Super bloke, very passionate.

Meantime, Canada is not exempt from his extraordinary storytelling: Justice In Ontario.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here