Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] ‘Story’ songs

Jul 7, 2003

Billy Joel wrote fantastic songs before he became a commercial sell out

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
This is a beautifully haunting song about Lord Franklin's lost expedition that set sail in 1845. The entire expedition of 129 men was lost. The story is ongoing as many expeditions have followed to try and locate the two missing ships. One was discovered as recently as 2016. See wiki link for full story..
https://youtu.be/ysFKjWG_W54
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin's_lost_expedition

This is a brilliant song, and was so pleased to see Pentangle not too long ago at the Dome before Bert Janch died...I've been watching the series 'The Terror' recently, it should be of interest to you.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I would have gone for "Jungleland" myself, but both songs are totally cheese free.

Could of gone for any of these also

Incident on 57th Street
Meeting across the river
Racing in the street
Rosalita (Come out tonight)
Nebraska
Highway Patrolman
Born in the USA
Galveston Bay
Paradise
Matamoros Banks
Outlaw Pete

and a few others

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

The metal masters of story songs i give Iron Maiden's 13 minute interpretation of Coleridge's classic poem The Rime of The Ancient Mariner'.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
This is a brilliant song, and was so pleased to see Pentangle not too long ago at the Dome before Bert Janch died...I've been watching the series 'The Terror' recently, it should be of interest to you.

Thanks, I'll look out for that. I wasn't previously aware of it but i"ve just checked and it has very good reviews.
Was John Renbourn with Pentangle when you saw them? He's also since died.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Thanks, I'll look out for that. I wasn't previously aware of it but i"ve just checked and it has very good reviews.
Was John Renbourn with Pentangle when you saw them? He's also since died.

Yes he was, though just done a quick google and it was 2008 so maybe a bit longer than 'not too long ago' :smile:

Enjoy 'The Terror'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here