Nov 5, 2004
Telford
2 x Poppadums + dips [shared with Mrs SS]
Mushroom rice [shared with Mrs SS]
Butter Chicken
Onion Bhaji [shared with Mrs SS]
Keema Naan [shared with Mrs SS]

I find them so filling I have to share [not waste]
I also don't like the hot options - I have a simple philosophy - I want to be able to taste all the flavours with my last mouthful as I did with the first mouthful.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Lamb bhuna with chillies cooked in it so its hotter than madras/Vindaloo, Pilau rice comes with it but i upgrade to mushroom for £1.

Sagaloo, Doms, Bargies, Garlic Naan.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
As long as it's not korma, I don't care. I can't stand the overly coconutty flavour.

This, every day of the week, bloody hate Korma or anything with coconut come to think of it!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Forgot to mention that I'm also keen on the relatively new dish Chicken Tarka. Similar to a Tikka but a little otter!!!! """"

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Lamb bhuna with chillies cooked in it so its hotter than madras/Vindaloo, Pilau rice comes with it but i upgrade to mushroom for £1.

Sagaloo, Doms, Bargies, Garlic Naan.

Almost perfect.

I'd swop the garlic naan bread (too filling) for Bombay Potato.

Otherwise you have excellent taste.

Forgot to add some mango chutney. Heaven. :drool:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
We're currently cooking a jalfrezi from "The Curry Secret" book that [MENTION=16843]Hillian1[/MENTION] kindly sent me months ago.

Along with onion bhaji and sag aloo also from the book.

So all fresh ingredients and I have to say it smells absolutely ****ing amazing.

If it tastes half as good as it smells then I don't think we'll be buying another takeaway. The whole process has actually been fun and actually spent some quality time together for a change....:ohmy:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You would not like my Sri Lankan Fish Curry very much then.
In fact I would suggest you steer away from 90% of Sri Lankan food.

Indeed, have tried something similar before and it wasn't a favourite is all I'll say!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We're currently cooking a jalfrezi from "The Curry Secret" book that [MENTION=16843]Hillian1[/MENTION] kindly sent me months ago.

So all fresh ingredients and I have to say it smells absolutely ****ing amazing.

If it tastes half as good as it smells then I don't think we'll be buying another takeaway. The whole process has actually been fun and actually spent some quality time together for a change....:ohmy:

Interesting, what would you say is the best "from scratch" curry recipe book?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I couldn't tell you to be honest.

This is our first recipe from our first book so we're very much newbies to it.

We had the chicken jalfrezi and it was pretty good. Not take away standard but still very tasty. Need to perfect it yet.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We often make from scratch but cheat on certain things like the breads and, on occasions, the artisan curry sauces.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That is a very good recipe book for curries and I use it all the time but I am going to ask my neighbour for her recipe as that smells awesome. Unfortunately I havent had much success with Onion Bhaji. not sure why but the jalfrezi is great.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
That is a very good recipe book for curries and I use it all the time but I am going to ask my neighbour for her recipe as that smells awesome. Unfortunately I havent had much success with Onion Bhaji. not sure why but the jalfrezi is great.

Fenugreek seeds always give the most amazing aroma. I'm never sure how much they affect the final taste, but they definitely make it smell great when you're cooking.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton

We have this book and have cooked a few things from it....its very good. Initially its a bit of a phaff making up the white onion sauce and the base sauce but once you've done that the dishes can be quite quick to do. My advice would b3 make up industrial quantities of the two bases then freeze them as it's easier...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Last night we strayed away from spice and created a wonderful smoked haddock risotto, flippin' lovely!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here