Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Yesterday I had fish and chips...

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Gerkins .... hadn't had them for years until someone mentioned the green tasty delights a few months ago, heaven I tell ya, heaven!

Just reminded me of the times back in the early 70s when I worked in a chip shop on Brighton seafront. Just before closing at around 12.30, after all the scraps had been sold off to the starving drunks tottering home at exorbitant prices, a copper turned up with a drunk in one arm and a giant jar of guerkins in the other.
“These yours mate?” said the copper.
“Just the guerkins! “ says I.
He’d nicked the jar a few minutes earlier not that we’d noticed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I think this could be leading up to a curry night.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Shiny new Apple, lots of Jam, still wondering what to do with the HP. Better ask for suggestions.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Shiny new Apple, lots of Jam, still wondering what to do with the HP. Better ask for suggestions.

Chuck the Apple in the bin and install Linux on the HP. I don't know about the jam, you'll have to use your imagination.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
I’ve got myself some nice black North Face gear and become a Croydon Ultra after reading a thread on here.

Off to get myself some manly fireworks tomorrow.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Just reminded me of the times back in the early 70s when I worked in a chip shop on Brighton seafront. Just before closing at around 12.30, after all the scraps had been sold off to the starving drunks tottering home at exorbitant prices, a copper turned up with a drunk in one arm and a giant jar of guerkins in the other.
“These yours mate?” said the copper.
“Just the guerkins! “ says I.
He’d nicked the jar a few minutes earlier not that we’d noticed.

Classic, stood in the chippy a few months back this guy walks in, having had a good day on the sauce, and yells at the Fry Jockey "Your chips are too f***ing expensive, and they taste of s***" and walks out, everyone looks at each other and smirks. Two minutes later same bloke pushes to the front of the queue and orders a battered sausage and chips, you've got to love alcohol!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I've emailed HP customer service twelve times this week already.

#BlameNSC

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
After reading this thread yesterday, I was informed we were going to the local Beefeater in Burgess Hill (wouldn't have been my choice but I was stuck in traffic and decisions were made etc) for dinner, so I ordered to 'freshly hand battered haddock, chunky chips and garden peas' or however the menu describes this total ABOMINATION of what should be the food of kings. Thin and overcooked piece of fish, too little batter and, looked like it had been cooked in dirty oil. Chips were just OK but were obviously frozen, and portion was very small. If I hadn't been as tired as I was I would have sent it back but simply couldn't be arsed. Going to have to go to the chippy tonight now to satisfy the craving. If I have the misfortune of eating there again, I won't be having that poor excuse for a meal. Rest of the meals on the table were OK to be fair.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After reading this thread yesterday, I was informed we were going to the local Beefeater in Burgess Hill (wouldn't have been my choice but I was stuck in traffic and decisions were made etc) for dinner, so I ordered to 'freshly hand battered haddock, chunky chips and garden peas' or however the menu describes this total ABOMINATION of what should be the food of kings. Thin and overcooked piece of fish, too little batter and, looked like it had been cooked in dirty oil. Chips were just OK but were obviously frozen, and portion was very small. If I hadn't been as tired as I was I would have sent it back but simply couldn't be arsed. Going to have to go to the chippy tonight now to satisfy the craving. If I have the misfortune of eating there again, I won't be having that poor excuse for a meal. Rest of the meals on the table were OK to be fair.

Will that be Marinos?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Anything in those type of places will be frozen. The fish is hand battered but still frozen .

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
... for dinner because a thread on here whetted my appetite. Today I am going to have Uncle Sams because of another thread! I don't know whether to thank you for the advice or curse you for my waistline :lolol:

Think yourself lucky. About 5 years ago I read the Manuka Honey thread. That's cost me over a £1000 so far.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here