Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things That Make You Go CRINGE

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
People who ask for some information or ask a question on a forum or Facebook and then write GO! at the end.
As if I’ve just been sat here waiting for something to do.

People who express themselves on above media by adding things like “sigh” to their posts.

I must be getting old.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
'Ring Of Fire' before KO at the Amex, trying and invariably failing to sync with the ref's whistle. Worst timing fail since the Bargain Hunt High Five.

That's the point. It's not "before", so what should be one of the best moments of the game in terms of crowd noise - the kick off whistle - gets utterly ruined by a touch of modern football.

Our club have generally been good not to adopt too much wanky MLS stuff like them up the road do (light shows, goal music, half time bird show) and so it would be nice if they also dropped this abberation. We're not that sort of club. Total P.A. silence for say 30 seconds before kick off would allow the crowd noise to naturally build and build to a crescendo on kick off, as the sudden P.A. silence would mean the crowd know the game was about to start.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
This may offend, but women in their late 50's and 60's who get Tattoos to look 'cool' and 'individual' make me cringe... especially the swirly flowery ones on the sides of their manky feet. Sorry ladies, it just makes you look Chav. Also, the ones who dye their hair pink, blue, green and other 'please, please, please... look at ME' colours.

Grow old gracefully, for fecks sake. Have some class. I'll get shot down for this, but I promise I won't flounce.

Aside from that, I'm on with 'Ring of Fire' before the start of a game - which means nothing to me apart from what goes through my head the morning after a vindaloo. Does it have some relevance at BHAFC? If it does, I'm unaware being a relative JCL.

Some more... Grown men who wear football shirts to the pub when it's not match day, Android snobs, people who kerb their alloys and don't care, and finally people who carry their dogs everywhere. The little f*ckers have twice as many legs as we do. Let them use them!!! :glare:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
People who, when confused or find something confusing say/write "I'm confused.com".

If you do that, then just set yourself on fire.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
People smugly double hand cupping their over priced coffee, people putting their legs up whilst drinking their overpriced coffee, people ordering German Rye with marmite in the ***** coffee shop, people using *****shop as a personal office...well just generally anything about coffee shops

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Players who now cover their mouths when talking. Oh do **** off, you're not that important.

Edit: the other two things I moaned about weren't cringers, just annoying

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Oh... one more. I always cringe when the nipple six seats down from me jumps up like he's just been electrocuted and drags his wife and two kids away bang on 38 minutes to fill his stupid face with a half-time pie, and then darts away on 83 minutes, every single game..

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
This may offend, but women in their late 50's and 60's who get Tattoos to look 'cool' and 'individual' make me cringe... especially the swirly flowery ones on the sides of their manky feet. Sorry ladies, it just makes you look Chav. Also, the ones who dye their hair pink, blue, green and other 'please, please, please... look at ME' colours.

Grow old gracefully, for fecks sake. Have some class. I'll get shot down for this, but I promise I won't flounce.

Aside from that, I'm on with 'Ring of Fire' before the start of a game - which means nothing to me apart from what goes through my head the morning after a vindaloo. Does it have some relevance at BHAFC? If it does, I'm unaware being a relative JCL.

Some more... Grown men who wear football shirts to the pub when it's not match day, Android snobs, people who kerb their alloys and don't care, and finally people who carry their dogs everywhere. The little f*ckers have twice as many legs as we do. Let them use them!!! :glare:

kin ell, take a breath for fick sake, moaning old git

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here